Markov signs with Dynamo (No escape?)

puck7x

Ugh, this might be the bad news we've been expecting. It seems as though Andrei Markov has signed a new contract with Dynamo, without an NHL excape clause (Markov would be obligated to stay in the RSL all season)....

Picked up this link at Hfboards, http://www.metallurg.ru/news/17483/ </a>

I feel sick (if its true) :puke:

[Edited on 2005-5-29 by puck7x]

Just BELIEVE in Bob.

If he thinks we need Markov, we'll have Markov... the only way we won't have Markov is if Markov himself doesn't wanna come back... No contract is strong enough to stand against Bob the Great.

That's the same situation as Kost, he was locked, Bob unlocked him. he gave 1M to his Russian team I believe.

I've just broke a tantrum in another thread explaining my point of view, but in short, I think that we should be confident about the new economical context, particularly with Bob as the GM...

No worries about whether we can afford such or such player... If Detroit can, the new CBA will make the habs as much able to do so than Detroit.

I don't think that this is a RSL only contract, I suppose it's the same as with Gaborik last season. He has signed a contract with Trencin and if he had played a game, he wouldn't have been able to return to the NHL.

So I think Markov just made a pre-contract in cause of another lockout season but if there's a new CBA, I think we'll see him back.

If not, then good night ... Hainsey - ouch. :D

Weak is not strong enough to describle it...

anyway, ok, maybe he won't be there... but hey, it's not like it was still frikkin Andre Savard over there.

Markov's not there? what about Niedermayer as a replacement?

Seriously, Bob Gainey has all my faith, and it's blind faith, I really believe that with this guy in control:

-We cannot question management moves (e.g. aquiring Kovalev, or the decision to re sign him or not) we can only accept them and understand that they were the good move to make.

-We are not fighting for a playoff spot anymore but for a top spot, and that's only short term... middle term, we are a Cup contender year in year out..

Did I say that I have blind faith in Gainey?