Dec. 27, Adirondack vs Hamilton, 7 PM

dlbalr

Hamilton (14-12-5-0) will look to split their week as they host Adirondack (18-12-1-1). So far, the Flames are the only team with a +.500 winning percentage that the Bulldogs have actually beat this year.

14adk_500.gif

(based on +/- data from previous games)

Baertschi - Arnold - Poirier

Ferland - Reinhart - Van Brabant

Wolf - Vause - Hanowski

Agostino - Tousignant - Hathaway

Cundari - Acolatse

Ramage - Culkin

Wotherspoon - Yonkman

Thiessen

14ham_500.gif

Bowman - Hudon - Hensick

Carr - Dumont - Thomas

Tangradi - Dowell - Sorkin

Nevins - Macenauer - Bakker

Tinordi - Drewiske

Bennett - Pateryn
Finley - Dietz

MacDonald

Puck drop is at 7:00 PM, AM900 will have the play-by-play; click the banner below to listen.

2e154dc67e9be434b089b68cd5a4f0de.300.jpg

worse than yesterday. 5-0 final. So exasperating. 2-0 after the first two shots. Every time they have a half decent crowd, they stink out the joint. Took dumb penalties (e.g. Dumont goalie interference, Pateryn elbowing late). Lost every fight except Dowell vs Wolf and Dowell had indicated to Wolf that he didn't want to go. Only highlight for the Dogs was a Tinordi check which broke a panel of glass. Took ages to fix it as it was one of the panels not removed for concerts (in the east end) and the rubber gasket at the bottom was completely seized up.

Dietz back to the slow DD we've seen before. Pateryn sure not the same player as last season.

I honestly think they've stopped listening to the coach and based on his results, don't blame them

. This organizational requirement of a French Cdn coach sure seems ludicrous in an era when half the team seems to be American with few French Canadian players. Maybe time to get rid of Sylvain and hire Peter Beboer who has a knack with younger guys.

This organizational requirement of a French Cdn coach sure seems ludicrous in an era when half the team seems to be American with few French Canadian players. Maybe time to get rid of Sylvain and hire Peter Beboer who has a knack with younger guys.

The Habs are trying to develop coaches as well as players. Given the French-speaking requirement to coach in Montreal (one I completely disagree with), it's logical for them to try and develop some in-house options that will have some familiarity with the players. The actual composition of the farm team really has no bearing on their decision to have a bilingual coach though. (The Bulldogs have also had some non-French coaches - Jarvis, Lever, Wilson, and Cunneyworth have all served with Montreal as the NHL affiliate.)

As for it being time to fire Lefebvre? Yes, yes it is (it has been for a while). But it won't happen. If it ever were to happen mid-season, Dufresne would probably get the interim job with a new coach (likely from the QMJHL) taking over in the offseason. I can't see them hiring a guy like DeBoer.

just my wish list-other posters make it sound like he is too tight with Bergevin to be canned (and Marc gave him a Teflon suit for Christmas). Frustrating also is the Marlies shut out the same Flames team today 2-0

The Habs are trying to develop coaches as well as players. Given the French-speaking requirement to coach in Montreal (one I completely disagree with), it's logical for them to try and develop some in-house options that will have some familiarity with the players. The actual composition of the farm team really has no bearing on their decision to have a bilingual coach though. (The Bulldogs have also had some non-French coaches - Jarvis, Lever, Wilson, and Cunneyworth have all served with Montreal as the NHL affiliate.)

As for it being time to fire Lefebvre? Yes, yes it is (it has been for a while). But it won't happen. If it ever were to happen mid-season, Dufresne would probably get the interim job with a new coach (likely from the QMJHL) taking over in the offseason. I can't see them hiring a guy like DeBoer.

I have to believe that SL tenure duration is all political and nothing to do with results. We remember recently a goalie that was long past his expiry date and still part of the organization. This insanity has been going on for a long time in the organization. It isn't something new.