Honestly, this feels like some new Netflix sitcom

I had reservations about "the trade" this offseason. Don't get me wrong, Weber's great, but I love PK. We all know why we don't like the trade, and may have different opinions about whether this makes Montreal a better team right now, but it happened. Everyone has talked it to death, the season's about to start, and I'm not here to talk about the ramifications of the trade itself.

So with that out of the way, has anybody considered the glaring absurdity of the situation for our poor departed Norris trophy winner?

Think about this, for a second:

A Toronto-born player of Jamaican descent plays for Montreal. There he wins the Norris trophy, before being traded to Nashville, Tennessee, the home of shit-kicking yee-haw country and western music. So there our Jamaican-Canadian ice-hockey player emigrates to the home of the Grand Ole' Opry itself, in the foothills of the smokey mountains, south of those feuding Hatfields and McCoys.

The scripts just write themselves.

(And we keep the Caribbean demographic on our team by hiring a Cuban-American backup goalie?)