Higgins Invited to US Olympic Camp

Fanpuck33_

This news is a few days old, but Chris Higgins has been invited to the USA Olympic Camp, meaning he'll have a shot to make the team for the next Olympics.

USA hockey must be in a real bind if they're inviting a guy who has 2 career NHL games.

I agree. It would also be wild to see him become captain of the team.

Originally posted by Fanpuck33

This news is a few days old, but Chris Higgins has been invited to the USA Olympic Camp, meaning he'll have a shot to make the team for the next Olympics.

USA hockey must be in a real bind if they're inviting a guy who has 2 career NHL games.

Is he the american Simon Gagné? OMG... :bow:

(singing that with a mix of pauly shore's wease voice and Fez "i'm going to do it" )

Higgs is going to the olympics, Higgs is going to the olympics, Higgs is going to the olympics, Higgs is going to the olympics

:king:

Would be great for him to play at the Olympics but there are also some other non NHL players competing for a spot:

The orientation camp will exhibit some relatively new faces as well, including 21-year-olds Ryan Kesler (Livonia, Mich./Vancouver Canucks) and New Jersey Devils first-rounder Zach Parise (Minneapolis, Minn./Albany River Rats); and 20-year-olds Dustin Brown (Ithaca, N.Y./Los Angeles Kings) and Nashville Predators prospect Ryan Suter (Madison, Wis./Milwaukee Admirals).

Full story

Good for Higgins! It's tough to predict if he has a chance at making it yet, as I haven't seen the list of the experienced players that have also been invited. If somone has that list, please post the URL.