Chipchura, Latendresse & Price at WJC evaluation camp

shortcat1

This may be old news but I just read this on the CHFans website. Kyle Chipchura, Guillaume Latendresse & Carey Price have been invited to the Canadian WJC evaluation camp. This camp took place from the 10th to the 15th of August (tomorrow).

This is the first time in quite a few years that more than one Canadiens prospect has been given that honour. In some respects, it bodes well for our prospects - they have been recognized as being of top quality by not only our organization but by the larger Canadian hockey world.

Looking forward to hearing about their success.

The article goes on to say that the prospects camp opens next month. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

The link to the story is: http://www.chfans.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9370

Latendresse has 3 points so far in 2 inter squad games. Tied for tops with his linemates Cogliano and Pouliot. Price has started once, and lost. He will likely get half a game in Vancouver before they close things out.

Looks good so far. As to Price's loss, it's a team game. He may not have had much support. We'll see.

3 goals 2 assists in 3 games. He looks very solid out there, and there is every reason to beleive that the Habs got a high first round talent in Guillaume. Price had some spectacular moments in the Vancouver game, he seems to have all the tools, size, quickness, good puckhandling skill. His technique could use a little work, but that is to be expected for a 17 year old. Maybe the best two draft picks they have had in the past decade or so.

Great! :clap:

Thanks for the info. :/) Did you get to see them play? If so, that must have been really interesting.

The play of those two is very encouraging. :clap:

By the way, how did Kyle Chipchura work out. I expect he was likely primarily a defensive player but he does have some good offensive potential. He's also a leader and, like a Koivu, a Gainey and a Carbonneau, that's very valuable.

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

For those of you who can watch them play, please post anything you can about them. I'm really looking forward to seeing if all 3 of them can make the junior team this season, although Price has two players that are 1 year older than him to beat out, so his work is cut out for him.

A Question:

Think there's a chance Latendresse plays with the big team this season? In Dagenais' spot, for a few early-season games maybe?

Originally posted by JeanLucPilon

A Question:

Think there's a chance Latendresse plays with the big team this season? In Dagenais' spot, for a few early-season games maybe?

No chance in hell my friend.

In my opinion it's best for him to keep developing in the junior level while the Habs pick someone from their prospect pool to fill up that spot if anything ever happens.

[Edited on 2005/8/18 by Tony]

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Tony.

We've heard too many stories of people who were rushed into the big times and were ruined by it. Some were discouraged by the huge jump in ability. Some got big-headed and thought too much of themselves and didn't fit in with the 'team'.

Montreal WILL let these guys develop slowly. They always have.

I think that Latendresse has a very good chance of playing for the World Junior team this year. The team doesn't have the size up front that it had in year's past, so I think that there is a very good chance that Guillaume will make it on that basis alone. It doesn't hurt that he had a great summer camp, either.:)