Alex Kovalev Thread

Fanpuck33_

I'd like to apologize to everyone who lost posts when I accidentally deleted the "kovalev deal looking..." thread last night. The thread was getting way off topic and was getting a bit racial. Because of this, I decided to delete the offensive posts and close the thread until people calmed down. Instead, I accidentally deleted the thread, instead of closing it.

I'm sorry to those who expressed good opinions in the thread, especially members who made their first HW post in the thread.

Let's just use this as a learning experience: Racial slurs, even used in joking, are not acceptable.

With that said, feel free to use this thread to talk about your thoughts on the Kovalev deal.

[Edited on 8-25-05 by Fanpuck33]

I appreciate what you did and, especially, the reason for which you did it.. :clap::clap:

We should keep in mind that mutual respect is important as is respect for those about whom we are discussing.

Again, thank you and I encourage and support you as you continue doing the same thing. :clap::clap::clap:

[Edited on 2005/8/25 by shortcat1]

I have been reading posts on this site for the last couple of weeks (Just found you guys) and this thread was a bit loud. I find it easy to admire my fellow Canadians in all parts of the country and our habs fans throughout the world. Unfortunately there is only so much time in our lives to make new friends so why waste it with insults to ones heritage. My grandpappy always told me over and over not to judge a man unless you stood in his shoes. He fought in WWI as a foot soldier in the trenchs and again in WWII as a foot soldier (Sergent) and survived both wars. He made friends in many countries while over there. I have a lot of respect for our friends across the seas, and our good neighbors to the south. If you want to see real torture to ones intelligence, just live in Toronto region where every sports station think they are the official Leaf channel and talk Leafs, Leafs, Leafs. I dont mind the Leaf team but the attitudes of so many homers is too much. I am so glad I found this site! :clap:

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

I have been reading posts on this site for the last couple of weeks (Just found you guys) and this thread was a bit loud.  I find it easy to admire my fellow Canadians in all parts of the country and our Habs fans throughout the world.  Unfortunately there is only so much time in our lives to make new friends so why waste it with insults to ones heritage.  My grandpappy always told me over and over not to judge a man unless you stood in his shoes.  He fought in WWI as a foot soldier in the trenchs and again in WWII as a foot soldier (Sergent) and survived both wars.  He made friends in many countries while over there.  I have a lot of respect for our friends across the seas, and our good neighbors to the south.  If you want to see real torture to ones intelligence, just live in Toronto region where every sports station think they are the official Leaf channel and talk Leafs, Leafs, Leafs.  I dont mind the Leaf team but the attitudes of so many homers is too much.  I am so glad I found this site! :clap:

Wow. I never knew that everyone claimed they were the official Leaf's members of the media.

Just for kicks, my house is now the OFFICIAL hang out of the Montreal Canadiens ;)

Originally posted by Howie_Morenz

I have been reading posts on this site for the last couple of weeks (Just found you guys) and this thread was a bit loud.  I find it easy to admire my fellow Canadians in all parts of the country and our Habs fans throughout the world.  Unfortunately there is only so much time in our lives to make new friends so why waste it with insults to ones heritage.  My grandpappy always told me over and over not to judge a man unless you stood in his shoes.  He fought in WWI as a foot soldier in the trenchs and again in WWII as a foot soldier (Sergent) and survived both wars.  He made friends in many countries while over there.  I have a lot of respect for our friends across the seas, and our good neighbors to the south.  If you want to see real torture to ones intelligence, just live in Toronto region where every sports station think they are the official Leaf channel and talk Leafs, Leafs, Leafs.  I dont mind the Leaf team but the attitudes of so many homers is too much.  I am so glad I found this site! :clap:

Welcome to HabsWorld Howie, hope you enjoy your stay here. :)