Any word/thoughts on Kovalchuk?

Roo-AH! Roo-AH!

I'm going to say this with all politeness intended...

I don't really care.

Originally posted by shortcat1

I'm going to say this with all politeness intended...

I don't really care.

Amen to that. He is fun to watch. But he is a showboat. He started danceing after scoring an empty net goal. So I agree with you Shortcat.

With the addition of 7-milllion dollar man Hossa, the Thrasher's budget certainly took a shot. Figure he wants that kind of money also. He'll certainly sit out until he gets it.

But with Heatley gone, look for the team to do their best to get him signed; for with him they've got one good first line (Holik & Hossa)

Originally posted by Macaskill

With the addition of 7-milllion dollar man Hossa, the Thrasher's budget certainly took a shot. Figure he wants that kind of money also. He'll certainly sit out until he gets it.

But with Heatley gone, look for the team to do their best to get him signed; for with him they've got one good first line (Holik & Hossa)

I highly doubt Holik removes Savard from Atlanta's first line. I'll be surprised if he does.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

I think he's a punk, world class player no doubt about it but a PUNK. I don't know whats with some of these Russian players latley, Maklin and Dastyuk, but they sure are full of themselves thinking their worth all that money.

An excelent point, leafs suck. I agree completely. Ya , their great players, but Datsuk in no Joe Thornton.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

I think he's a punk, world class player no doubt about it but a PUNK. I don't know whats with some of these Russian players latley, Maklin and Dastyuk, but they sure are full of themselves thinking their worth all that money.

Malkin not being here has nothing to do with money. He wanted to stay in Russia, something about to give back to the team that brought him up and his parents. I read an article about it in a forecaster.

Originally posted by Tony

I wouldn't expect to see him in a Trashers uniform. I'm sure some other NHL team who is in need of a player to build a franchise around will sign him. Desperate teams will give him all the money he wants.

Yeah, but I don't know if teams want to give up all those draft picks. Signing him would be somewhere around 4 or 5 first rounders. With the cap, picks are about 100 times more important now.

No doubt picks are way more important now but the question is for some franchises like Washington for example they can't just depend on Ovechkin to score a million goals this season on his own. He also needs some help and support and why not sign a guy like Kovalchuk?

He hasn't hit his prime and he's still one dangerous scoring machine.

Note: Using Washington is a bad example since they are rebuilding are could use all the 1st round picks they can get their hands on. Teams like the Leafs or the Wings (ignoring cap space) could use someone like him since they tend to draft high.