Danis vs. Price

beckham

Maybe so. This is probably an indication of the comparative talent of the two but, still, there's no way Price comes directly to the big team. Danis' going to be back-up for Théodore long before Price comes in. It's a matter of maturity and experience.

I don't think that UFA thing has anything to do with the decisions they make. Very few players stay with the same organization for 7 years, and even fewer coaches do. If either player is clearly the best option, they will be signed and start the season with the team. If the player is still with the organization 7 years from now and is doing well the chances are that he will stay anyway.

Latendresse has virtually no chance of being "clearly" the best option as one of the top 10 forwards who would see the bulk of the action. But Price still has a good chance of "clearly" being the second best goaltender in camp.

My feeling after the three games I saw would be that unless the CH ''saw'' a particulary good occasion to ''upgrade'' the third line by combining Hossa-Bonk-Latendresse to bring about a different chemistry to the team,... they probably wont bother otherwise and let Tender go and thrives in the junior.

Danis as been really good and very solid during the first shoot-out with Atlanta,...Price is a jewel for the future and was 17 just a few months ago,..he probably need to see as much puks as possible to become the jewel he can be,...the work load he need is not in Montreal.

Originally posted by beckham

I don't think that UFA thing has anything to do with the decisions they make. Very few players stay with the same organization for 7 years, and even fewer coaches do. If either player is clearly the best option, they will be signed and start the season with the team. If the player is still with the organization 7 years from now and is doing well the chances are that he will stay anyway.

Latendresse has virtually no chance of being "clearly" the best option as one of the top 10 forwards who would see the bulk of the action. But Price still has a good chance of "clearly" being the second best goaltender in camp.

:clap::clap::clap:

Very nicely said!

I want the team to win, not wait for another year like the Loser team in Toronto. Price clearly is a fabulous goalie from what I saw him do last night. The toe save when he could barely see the puck was fantastic. The new NHL means win now, not 7 years down the road and if the youngest guys are the best players on the team then bring them on. It's all about winning, I am convinced Danis would be the backup and he probably will. I am more impressed with Price though.

I love Price's play, and I see now why we took him 5 overall. (Understood why before, but it's alwayz better to see w/ your own eyes.)

I can't see why there'd be any reason to keep him up as a backup when he could be playing down in the juniors and have a starting role. Not to mention a potential shot at team Canada @ U-20 tournament play. This would definitely benefit his play, tons more than if we kept him on the bench as a back-up.

I don't even quite like the fact that Danis is going to be playing backup though. He needs his playing time down in the AHL for at least another season. We don't really know exactly how long Huet's injury is going to take to heal...

Anyways, I'm with Gainey getting a sub in Huet's absence... but then you've got the cap situation. Oh the pain. lol

Anywayz, as most have already pointed out, Danis backing it up is best option under all the circumstances.

I doubt they'd get rid of Miller. He seems to be the best of the 3. Biron is a hell of a goalie, underrated IMO. He's a proven #1 in the league. Would I trade him for Hossa? Not sure, Hossa has been playing strong and I don't want to give up on him just yet.

[Edited on 2005/9/23 by Leafs Suck]

Neither Bonk or Latendresse wouldnt have had the success they did so far if it asnt been for Hossa's outstanding play...as of now it would hurt me greatly to see him go as the CH, it seems to me cant efford to let go a player with his physical strenght.

Originally posted by Macaskill

I love Price's play, and I see now why we took him 5 overall. (Understood why before, but it's alwayz better to see w/ your own eyes.)

I can't see why there'd be any reason to keep him up as a backup when he could be playing down in the juniors and have a starting role. Not to mention a potential shot at team Canada @ U-20 tournament play. This would definitely benefit his play, tons more than if we kept him on the bench as a back-up.

I don't even quite like the fact that Danis is going to be playing backup though. He needs his playing time down in the AHL for at least another season. We don't really know exactly how long Huet's injury is going to take to heal...

Anyways, I'm with Gainey getting a sub in Huet's absence... but then you've got the cap situation. Oh the pain. lol

Anywayz, as most have already pointed out, Danis backing it up is best option under all the circumstances.

I agree with you totally. I think Price and Danis have to play as much as they can. Otherwise their talent can be wasted. But Price is probably a bigger talent, they won't let him back-up.