The LoCK Line

TheAussiePosse

Assuming those who can be saved for another year, will, what do you guys think about this line which will, in the future, haunt goalie's dreams?

Latendresse-Chipchura-Kostitsyn

In fact, I'm going go make a bold prediction that these guys will be our top line in 8 years time.

What do you think?

Interesting combo right there. In my mind, it'd be an upgrade from our current top line. (If all goes right, and well, my opinion is quite biased)

This would certainly be a solid line both offensively and defensively... seeing that Kost can get that game going (and he is working it so, looking good).

You've got the leadership skills of Chipchura, who would surely be a great asset during playoffs. Then throw in Powerforward Latendresse.

This line kind of reminds me of the one they got in Vancouver... you know it well I'm sure. Except we've probably got a bit less size... but that's nothing new... lol.

Tons of Junior ice time for Latendresse would probably go a long way towards making him first line permanent material in the future.

I see Kotsitsyn as having the offensive skills to be there althought overall improvement would be necessary to get there...otherwise, he could end up on second line duty on an offensively built type team.

Chipchura as been chosen to play the third line center position.

Eight years is a long way off but, what the heck, your prophecy is as good as any other person's so I'll go with it. I won't bet on it but I'll go with it.

How about.....

Latendresse-Hossa-Perezhogin

Komisarek-Bouillon

Price

Hossa is I trhink a winger but I'm not sure hwo we have at center in our prospects. Maybe Higgins.

As some of the replies have stated, these are 3 different type players not, collectively, a future 3rd line.

Lats has showed great potential to becoming a future 1st line power forward; Chipchura has showed potential to become a good 3rd line center; and Kots, well is more of a questions mark (although all these guys are prospects and thus inherent question marks), and could be anything from a bust to a defensively responsible 3rd liner with offensive upside to an all out 1st line star.

Don't think anybody can predict the first line in 8 years, but I understand the fun part of the speculation. I just think the chances of those 3 guys ever forming a dominant 1st line are none existing.