How Bout Those Predators?

BTH

After I told my friends that Philly was my favourite to win the league one of my friend's said Nashville was the bets team. I'm not even sure if Nashville will make the playoffs.

According to him they have 6 All-Stars in Kariya, Sullivan, Zidlicky, Legwand, Timonen and Walker. I think they'll be lucky to have one All-Star player (in Zidlicky).

I just want to know if you guys find my friend's theory to be as crazy as I find it.

SI listed Nashville as the 5th best team. A little too high if you ask me but they're gonna be good nontheless. This is a team thats built for the new rules and Vokoun can stand on his head at any given time. 5th-6th in the West. 4th if Vokoun has a Vezina season.

Originally posted by jetsniper

SI listed Nashville as the 5th best team. A little too high if you ask me but they're gonna be good nontheless. This is a team thats built for the new rules and Vokoun can stand on his head at any given time. 5th-6th in the West. 4th if Vokoun has a Vezina season.

I think the SI thing was based on conference.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Vokoun isn't on the Vezina radar in my book. Plays well for his flag though.

Nah, not on mine either but you never know how anything is going to play out. Especially this year, pre-season predictions are so useless. No one knows how big of an impact the new rule changes will have, how new players wil gel with their teams etc etc. Nashville certainly has the potential to be a good team however.l

Originally posted by Fanpuck33
Originally posted by jetsniper

I think the SI thing was based on conference.

Nope, list went like this

1. Calgary Flames

2. Philadelphia Flyers

3. Ottawa Senators

4. Tampa Bay Lightning

5. Nashville Predators

6. Vancouver Canucks

7. Detroit Red Wings

8. San Jose Sharks

9. Edmonton Oilers

10. Florida Panthers

11. New Jersey Devils

12. Boston Bruins

13. Pittsburgh Penguins

14. Columbus Blue Jackets

15. Atlanta Thrashers

16. Chicago Blackhawks

17. Montreal Canadiens

18. Colorado Avalanche

19. New York Islanders

20. Toronto Maple Leafs

21. Dallas Stars

22. Anaheim Mighty Ducks

23. St. Louis Blues

24. Los Angeles Kings

25. Buffalo Sabres

26. Minnesota Wild

27. Phoenix Coyotes

28. Carolina Hurricanes

29. Washington Capitals

30. New York Rangers

Although most of it is highly questionable if you ask me.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Vokoun isn't on the Vezina radar in my book. Plays well for his flag though.

Nevertheless, whenever I read about Tomas Vokoun, it reminds me of my amazement at Montreal's ability to find great goaltending prospects and some gems as well. Interesting focus on their draft radar.

As to the Predators, I have no clue or opinion on how they'll fare this year.

Bottom line: :ghg::ghg::ghg:

Personally, I think Nashville can surprise some people. They've got some good young guys ready to make a name for themselves this year. I'm sure this team is pretty hungry for a long playoff apearance now.

That list was one of the worst predictions I've ever seen.

Dallas Stars at #21 was the most inaccurate rating. They're one of the top teams in the league again.

I think Buffalo at 25 is the worst. I have no idea why people think this team is going to do so poorly. They only barely missed the playoffs last season and have a very young and speedy team. I think Buffalo is going to be a 6-7 team easily this season.

Buffalo lost their best player in Satan and only replaced him with Chris Drury. That's a downgrade. I can't really argue much more than that.

As for Edmonton, that comes from people who overestimate the Pronger trade to their favor. They also ripped Milbury; York-Peca trade.

Originally posted by TheMaxDaddy

That list is aweful. If the habs actually finish behind Columbus, Atlanta and Florida, I'm going to stop watch NHL hockey.

really?

Anyone see Sulivan deke by the entire (Wild?) opposing team in the corner before delivering a pass to the crease. The most beautiful assist all season. He embarassed the same two or three players two or three times each. I still don't rate them as a second round team. Fifth in the West max. And only if Kariya finds his game and Legwand proves he isn't a bust (and finally hits 50 points). If not, Legwand is definitely a bust. He has gotten a mere 40-something points maximum in his past few seasons in the NHl. Vincent Lecavalier, who alone was chosen ahead of him took more advantage of the situation and turned a horrible team to Stanley Cup winners rather than average. Not that Legwand had anything to do with Nashville finally becoming average. Zidlicky is the brightest spot. And Vokoun has turned into a great goalie in the past couple of years.