Canadien's final line-up?

shortcat1

I went to the Canadiens website and, while looking at the player's list, this is what I found.

3 Raitis Ivanans

8 Mike Komisarek

11 Saku Koivu

14 Radek Bonk

17 Peter Vandermeer

20 Richard Zednik

21 Christopher Higgins

22 Steve Bégin

25 Mathieu Dandenault

26 Pierre Dagenais

27 Alex Kovalev

32 Mark Streit

35 Tomas Plekanec

37 Niklas Sundstrom

38 Jan Bulis

42 Alexander Perezhogin

44 Sheldon Souray

51 Francis Bouillon

52 Craig Rivet

65 Ron Hainsey

71 Mike Ribeiro

73 Michael Ryder

79 Andrei Markov

84 Guillaume Latendresse

-- Cristobal Huet

60 Jose Théodore

75 Yann Danis

This list is post Marcel Hossa. That makes 23 players + three goalies.

Now, this may be a stupid question but does the 23 players include or exclude the goalies.

Note also that Guillaume Latendresse is still on the list as are both Vandermeer and Ivanans.

[Edited on 2005/10/2 by shortcat1]

Originally posted by Mark Napier

Just noticed that you don't have Bonk on the list.

Yes, you're right. I didn't notice either. It looks like I accidentally deleted it when I copied and edited the list from the Canadiens website. I've just made the correction.

Also, thanks Mark Napier for the input. When I saw this list, it got me wondering if I wasn't understanding the composition of a player limit correctly.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Streit isn't there either but he probably won't make the team.

Wel maybe yes and maybe no.

Him or Hainsey is the idea, Streit has improved every game so we'll see. If Souray starts on the IR then both S&H can play awhile regular season. We'll see...

Bouillon beats them both to their jobs though. He's much better than either of them and might even be good enough to be our fifth defenceman rather than 6th.

I agree, bulis...Bouillon should be our 6th defenceman, neither Hainsey or Strait have really impressed in the preseason...can Hainsey be demoted without clearing waivers?

Streit is guaranteed to play 30 NHL games with the Habs or else the Habs have to give him an extra 200 000$.

Hainsey will start the season because he can't be sent down without going through waivers. Streit doesn't have to clear waivers and he can pick up his games later in the season. By that time they will have a decision on Hainsey. He's either going to make the team or be traded.

Ah.... crud... another editing error. (embarrassed smiley).

I'll correct that error too.

Sorry guys.

(a whole bunch of embarrassed smileys)

Don't think the Habs secretely post on their website their final roster. Don't even think all final decisions regarding the final lineup have been made. Just think they list players still in camp (and the list may contain mistakes). Kind of reminds me of when, prior to signing Theo, the Habs marketing team but a newspaper add listing notable Habs...without Theo's name. Some people where all over the place claiming that this could indicate that the Habs were about to trade Theo. Don't think they give out clues of things to come on their website roster or newspaper adds. i wouln't read anything into it.

Originally posted by simonus

ok... with latendresse cut that just means they cut vandermeer/ivanans and streit/hainsey and we're done.  Right?

[Edited on 10/2/2005 by simonus]

Likely those are the choices to be made.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Send the two goons and Streit down and you have yourselves a solid team.

We'd all like to have a roster full of skill and talent but it is essential to have a fighter on the team. The last thing we need is to have Souray injuring his wrist/hand on some poor bastards' skull.:hlogo:

Originally posted by GuyRock70

[ The last thing we need is to have Souray injuring his wrist/hand on some poor bastards' skull.:hlogo:

or, more likely, some guy's helmet.

I still cringe at seeing 'in my memory's eye' Stéphane Quintal pounding somebody's helmet then sitting in the penalty box with a big bag of ice on his fist & wrist.

If players are going to fight, there should be an 'unwritten rule' or something that says that both wear the helmet or both have them off.

Kind of stupid to say, I know, but even a 'written' rule (NHL) that says that, in the event of a fight, both players have their helmets off. No way that would happen.

Originally posted by shortcat1
Originally posted by GuyRock70

[ The last thing we need is to have Souray injuring his wrist/hand on some poor bastards' skull.:hlogo:

or, more likely, some guy's helmet.

I still cringe at seeing 'in my memory's eye' Stéphane Quintal pounding somebody's helmet then sitting in the penalty box with a big bag of ice on his fist & wrist.

If players are going to fight, there should be an 'unwritten rule' or something that says that both wear the helmet or both have them off.

Kind of stupid to say, I know, but even a 'written' rule (NHL) that says that, in the event of a fight, both players have their helmets off. No way that would happen.

yeah, especially that fights aren't allowed in NHL rules (it's a penalty). Thou shall not fight, but if thou disregards this and fights thou shall fight without thou's helmet. Not going to happen. The unwritten rule makes sense.

Sheesh, Hainsey and Streit were supposed to push each other and battle for the final roster spot on D.

Instead we get:

Streit: Hey Ron! We should both be painfully mediocre all throughout camp!"

Hainsey: "lol! ur funnie! okayz!"