My Habbie Christmas List

BTH

The 5 players I would most like to see in a Habs uniform.

1. Adrian Aucoin

2. Mattias Norstrom

3. Andrew Brunette

4. Zdeno Chara

5. Darius Kasparaitis

*Wade Redden

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

1. Adrian Aucoin

2. Mattias Norstrom

3. Andrew Brunette

4. Zdeno Chara

5. Darius Kasparaitis

*Wade Redden

none of the above for me coz i luv my habs as they r at this moment~ :D

I like the team as well but they need at least 1 dominating dman to make them better. Markov is the only guy that you can say is a #1 dman out there. Komi is getting better but still not there. Souray is either very good or horrible like tonight. He needs more cosistency. Boullion, Rivet and Dandeneault are really just filler. 2 good solid vet nhl dmen with some speed would make this a hell of a lot better team.

Well, if we're going to go into the land of dreams (come true?)...

Budget not considering,

1) Dion Phaneuf

2) Alexander Ovechkin

3) Ryan Suter

4) Cam Barker

5) Sydner something-or-other

* Jack Johnson

The obvious focus here is the longer term possibilities and seeing the talent come in gradually and smoothly as opposed to outright disrupting the present make-up of the roster.

[Edited on 2005/10/7 by shortcat1]

On a scale of 1 to 10 of Possibility, don't pass by 7. There's no way we'd end up with Crosby, Ovechkin or Phaneuf.

The guy I really want is Mattias Norstrom. He

's so underrated and is exactly what we need. Not that it's likely the Kings will trade their Captain.

On a scale of 1 to 10 of Possibility, don't pass by 7. There's no way we'd end up with Crosby, Ovechkin or Phaneuf.

The guy I really want is Mattias Norstrom. He

's so underrated and is exactly what we need. Not that it's likely the Kings will trade their Captain.

I'm aware of that. I talked about 'the land of dreams'. :D It's a 'Christmas wish list', not a list of probabilities. :eyes: It ranks, in reality, along with Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, etc...:D

I'm not sure about the Tooth Fairy but Santa could be a real asset in net.

Anyway, what do you think about Norstrom? The ideal acquisition in my book.

1. Adrian Aucoin

2. Mattias Norstrom

3. Andrew Brunette

4. Zdeno Chara

5. Darius Kasparaitis

*Wade Redden

Not sure about Norstom because of his limited talent, but he was captain of the Kings once was he not?

Kasparaitis claim to fame is how dirty and hard he plays. Unfortunate for him he still takes way too many STUPID penalties so his value is really Zero.

I like your other choices though. :/):/)

Norstrom still is the Captain as far as I know. And he's a tough defenceman that is more than the #1 we've been looking for. Also, we'll get experience and leadership in him as well. We don't have much leadership because our oldest player is 32. Norstrom is underrated because his offensive numbers are some of the worst in history. Seriously. In 684 games, he has 10 goals and 110 assists which puts him at I think 7th lowest in NHL history for goals per game percentage and has a shot percentage of .018. That's why he's so underrated but he is an amazing defenceman who is +26 in his career. At 6"2 and 222 lbs he's in our size range. He checks in at 33 years old and won a Stanley Cup with the Rangers in 1994 which means he played with Kovalev when they were young. I just love this guy and would love it if we got him. Also he isn't injury prone at all playing 70+ since 1996 including 3 complete seasons in the past 5 years.

Kasparaitis is a tough defenceman and the best checker in the league. He can't play dirty with the new rules but checks in at 6"0, 215 lbs. He is now Captaining the Rangers, the most talented team in the league for the past few years. He also doesn't get many points but our offense is good enough. All e need is to shut down the opposing team because, be real, Theodore can't stop them all. Any of those 5 guys would really help us out and all of them but Brunette (who supplies something we already have) would turn us into a contender.

[Edited on 2005/10/8 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

I'm not sure about the Tooth Fairy but Santa could be a real asset in net.

Anyway, what do you think about Norstrom? The ideal acquisition in my book.

Possibly could be a good asset due to his relative youth and solid defensive play. I don't know how he'll adapt to the 'new' NHL. Might he not suffer the same way the Flyers defense is rumoured to risk suffering?

I don't think the new rules will make big defenceman lose their value. They can still bodycheck players and scare them away from the boards. They can clear the net and they are defenceman. Their job is defence and that's when size helps most. Slow defenceman like Hatcher and Rathje might lose some value but Norstrom, Kasparaitis and Aucoin are all atleast average skaters and none of them are exactly huge. Chara is another story but I odn't think I'll have to explain that one.

And Redden is a good defenceman and a great guy who's on (or near) the block anyway. If we are ever to get a great defenceman we'll have to atleast trade Rivet or wait to re-sign him which means our defence is doomed to mediocrity for the next year or two.

We'll have to wait and see on Markov, Komisarek, Streit and Hainsey and we'll see if Bouillon ever becomes elite.

And Redden is a good defenceman and a great guy who's on (or near) the block anyway. If we are ever to get a great defenceman we'll have to atleast trade Rivet or wait to re-sign him which means our defence is doomed to mediocrity for the next year or two.

We'll have to wait and see on Markov, Komisarek, Streit and Hainsey and we'll see if Bouillon ever becomes elite.

I don't think Bouillon will ever become 'elite' in terms of talent but he certainly is elite in terms of heart, effort and effectiveness for the ability that he does have. An that's not a condescending statement either. It's one that praises Bouillon and really appreciates his contributions to the team.

Having Redden would be nice. No doubt about it. I can't understand why he would be 'on (or near) the block. Is the guy an obnoxious presence on the team, a disruption in the dressing room?

No but there were rumours that the Sens didn't have the cap room for all their defenceman and Redden was the prime suspect.

Bouillon won't be elite because he's already pretty old and is in his prime now. If he doesn't make it now he never will.

1.Adrian Aucoin

2.Wade Redden

3.Nick Boynton

4.Simon Gagne

5.Joni Pitkanen

*.Patrick Marleau

I see any of these being great additions.:/)

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by The-Habby2919

1.Adrian Aucoin

2.Wade Redden

3.Nick Boynton

4.Simon Gagne

5.Joni Pitkanen

*.Patrick Marleau

I see any of these being great additions.:/)

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Gagné would either play 2nd line left wing or he'd push Zednik down. A pretty good addition. I'm not sure I agree with Marleau and Boynton but the rest are solid. I didn't mention Pitkanen. I'd like to get him. He might be the best defenceman on the best dfence in the league.

There's no room for Havlat. Same for Marleau.

[Edited on 2005/10/8 by Bulis_the_Habbie]