Angelo Esposito

BTH

Originally posted by ap79

I think Angelo Esposito has a younger brother or cousin who was the talk of town at the latest Pee-Wee Tournament here in Qc. Another phenomenon in the making.  

Just shows how early these kids get media's attention.

Just show how the media will go out and 'make some news' if they can't find some.

I don't think any of these guys will ever be HUGE. Not even Crosby. Actually Ovechkin just passed Crosby in scoring,

3G , 2A vs 1G, 4A

If Ovechkin finishes ahead of him on his shitty team than the talk on Crosby will die down quickly. That's pressure. And his or atleast his dad's (read Jack Todd's article) has already got a big ego. Sydney seems okay though. I'm rooting against him though. If Lehtonen stays healthy and the Thrashers make the playoffs than Lehtonen is guaranteed.

A young guy to watch is Pavel Vrobiev.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

A young guy to watch is Pavel Vrobiev.

Very true. Great guy to switch to RIGHT NOW if you're in a hockey pool and need a cheap guy.

Is he supposed to be really good? Yeah, he's a first pick overall but sometimes they predict him being a superstar (like the Crosby hype) and sometimes no one really cares.

Is he supposed to be really good? Yeah, he's a first pick overall but sometimes they predict him being a superstar (like the Crosby hype) and sometimes no one really cares.

Again, I must remind you that things can dramatically change.

In his draft year, Kyle Chipchura was, for a long time, considered 1st overall. We know pretty well what happened there.

Much can happen to those '# 1 picks' coming up.

He's still going to be a good player though. Who knows if he ends up with a Calder.

But are these guys supposed to be some of the best prospects in a few years (besides Cropsby) or does every predicted first overaller get media attention at 14.

He's still going to be a good player though. Who knows if he ends up with a Calder.

But are these guys supposed to be some of the best prospects in a few years (besides Cropsby) or does every predicted first overaller get media attention at 14.

Hey, for his sake, I hope you're right. Even better, it would be nice for Montreal to get one of those guys. A 'miracle' like last year's, though, is really unlikely.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

[Edited on 2005/10/12 by shortcat1]

Last year's miracle is over the hill after one season. He's really not playing well despite his 3 goals. Way too tentative, trying to deke everything he sees. Ribeiro's really gotten to him. Ribeiro ios no longer a playmaker but a pug-hogger. Ryder has also started hogging the puck. That line needs a FAST playmaker and it will start to buzz again. Higgins is a good choice but nothing happened last night.

hahaha man this is so weird...I used to play hockey with this guy and everyone that played with him (myself included) was like this guy is going to the NHL even at an early age...Now to see a thread with his name in it...being envisioned as the "next one"...as i said before it's just weird lol

Last year's miracle is over the hill after one season. He's really not playing well despite his 3 goals. Way too tentative, trying to deke everything he sees. Ribeiro's really gotten to him. Ribeiro ios no longer a playmaker but a pug-hogger. Ryder has also started hogging the puck. That line needs a FAST playmaker and it will start to buzz again. Higgins is a good choice but nothing happened last night.

109.... go, BTH, go, go, go!!!!

Originally posted by xXx..CK..xXx

hahaha man this is so weird...I used to play hockey with this guy and everyone that played with him (myself included) was like this guy is going to the NHL even at an early age...Now to see a thread with his name in it...being envisioned as the "next one"...as i said before it's just weird lol

You played with Angelo Esposito!? You should have snatched his autograph when you had the chance.

Originally posted by xXx..CK..xXx

You played with Angelo Esposito!? You should have snatched his autograph when you had the chance.

Who knows where the wind blows. Angelo may even peak over the next year or two and be a kind of lower-level Gilbert Dionne (lots of hope but, in the end, no more progress).

Originally posted by dark_faerie87

I just realized something, Sergei Kostitsyn has the same amount of points as Esposito in 11 games compared to Angelo's 12:o Mind you, Sergei is a few years older and is playing with top linemates, but interesting nonetheless.

Is he doing well because he's playing with top linemates or is he playing with top linemates because he's doing well?

I'm sure that the Knights coach didn't put other players on that line because anybody would do but because Kostsitsyn's ability makes him a best fit for Bolland and whoever else.

By the way, who's on that line? Is it Bolland, Schremp and Kostsitsyn? Would seem to make the team a one-line team. I'm curious.

Doesn't sound liek the best team but then again it's not even AHL hockey. Siarrhei looks to be even better than his brother. I'm sure he'll be a great player and I give him maybe 3 years to make the jump to the big boys. Is Esposito on a good team? This is ECHL right?

A 41-poster.

I may be mistaken but I believe this is the longest thread I've ever posted.

and only 13 of them are yours... ;);););)

1990 - after 15 years of teaching in Timmins, got the job in Sudbury :D - hit the big four - oh :eyes: - bought a 1980 Toyota Celica (sweet machine in super shape)

[Edited on 2005/10/22 by shortcat1]

Originally posted by shortcat1
Originally posted by dark_faerie87

I just realized something, Sergei Kostitsyn has the same amount of points as Esposito in 11 games compared to Angelo's 12:o Mind you, Sergei is a few years older and is playing with top linemates, but interesting nonetheless.

Is he doing well because he's playing with top linemates or is he playing with top linemates because he's doing well?

I'm sure that the Knights coach didn't put other players on that line because anybody would do but because Kostsitsyn's ability makes him a best fit for Bolland and whoever else.

By the way, who's on that line? Is it Bolland, Schremp and Kostsitsyn? Would seem to make the team a one-line team. I'm curious.

I'm not sure, but Hunter and Perry aren't too shabby either. By the way, he picked up another 2 points in his last game, so he's up to 26 in 12 games.

And you counted? You really need a life!

Any opportunity to be a pest is worth it. :D:D:D

I was reading an article on the CHL main page and an article about a Canada/Russia series had a photo with 3 OHLers. One of them was a kid called Jordan Staal. He was a 1st round pick by the Peterborough Petes. His brother Mark was a 1st round pick by the Sudbury Wolves and then New York Rangers and, of course we all know about the oldest, Eric (an ex-Pete), who plays with the Carolina Hurricanes. He's sort of doing ok too.

To use a The Hockey News kind of phrase, Thunder Bay isn't Staaling in sending prospects to hockey success. :D

• 1 year later...