reason #37 to like small sample sizes

simonus

yah lundqwist (i think thats how you spell it) is really playing lights out. Every year there seems to be one goalie that steps up and leads their team to a stellar season. 3 years ago it was Giguere, 2 years ago it was kipprusoff, maybe this year it will be him?

Henrik Lundqvist.

In Sweden we have known for years that he is one of the best goaltenders.

In the last World championship Martin Brodeur had a saving percentage of 90.83

Lundqvist had 89.36.

He has been the best goaltender in Swedish Elitserien for years and is only 23 years old.

But he's still just a rookie. But he his a goaltender for the future. Canadiens seems to forget every goalie that doesn't orgigin from Quebec.

I wouldnt say that the Canadien have ever limit itself to the province....they know the importance of a good goally and making Price their fifth pick this year might have surprised many....except those who knows how they cant resist the temptation to get a great goally when they smell one......regardless of origin.

Don't get me wrong. Quebec is no.1 when it comes to goaltender (and hockey).

Im just not suprised by Lundqvist. Just like I wasn't surprised when Kiprusoff took the Flames to the finals.

Originally posted by option+

Cam Ward is playing lights out in Carolina too.  And look out for Niitiimaki (or however it's spelt) in Philly... no way Esche keeps that job.

and Mr. Cold Shower says: "Hey, it's only a half dozen games into the season... it's a long season... much can happen... those that are hot can easily become not (and vice versa)...

I have nothing against the Rangers and their goalie. I can't say the same about the Flyers organization (not the team & goalie as such), it's just that I tend to temper what I see with what I hope to be a broader and more realistic picture. :)

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

1975 - second child born (daughter) during a final exam at teacher's college - got 1st teaching job in Timmins Ontario.

[Edited on 2005/10/21 by shortcat1]

I've got a creative nickname for the big, slow (yet good) team the Flyers have put together: The Broadstreet Bullies.