Habs Need To Shoot More

Habster

Habs need to shoot more. They wait to long and then pass the puck off to the side or back of the net. Most of the goals that have been scored on the Habs have been from long shots and then deflected.java script:icon(':hlogo:')

:hlogo:

well... they had like 40 shots tonite? not enough? hehe~

well as for tonite's game, ranger's goalie (sorry, his name is too hard for me to remember haha) was top shape~ and he didnt give much ribbon~

i just hope they shoot in top corner coz too much shots were like hitting the pads~~ high shots = more chances to score~ (from what i see) hehe:D

[Edited on 2005/10/30 by bebehabs]

Originally posted by Habster

Habs need to shoot more. They wait to long and then pass the puck off to the side or back of the net. Most of the goals that have been scored on the Habs have been from long shots and then deflected.java script:icon(':hlogo:')

:hlogo:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

YES!

And I know what you mean. No shots from the red line, no shots from the side of the net, no shots at defenceman sliding in front at the blue line. Use the talent on the team like the start of the season and drive to the net. Long shots only work if someone is standing in front. Montreal knows how to score, they just dont want to drive the net all the time which is strange.

Also, make some new plays as the opposition is getting used to the cycling of the puck behind the net.

[Edited on 2005/10/30 by Howie_Morenz]

More shots is always good, but someone has to be in front of the net to pick up the rebound also.

Now I know nobody likes him, but thats a role Dagenais is capable of playing very well. He played 2:28 minutes the other night and scored a goal because he put himself in front of the goal and picked up a sloppy rebound.

Shots and deflections are good, but rebound shots are even better because then you can catch the other team, especially the goalie, out of position.

We've been consistently outshooting the opposition this season. Something I have never before seen in my life. We had a few 40 shot games in the start of the season. I think we're doing alright. The real thing is to bury the shots we get. The other teams are scoring on their chances. That's mainly because the other goalie is outplaying ours. I expect a big turnaround soon, though.