RDS Power Rankings - habs 3rd position

bebehabs

ok so since power rankings are kindap popular lately, let's see how RDS.ca is ranking the NHL teams ;)

here's the link for their ranking section :

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/powerrankings/

========================

november 7th 2005

1- ottawa

2- detroit

3- MONTREAL :/)

14- boston (hahaha)

17- toronto (double hahaha)

26- pittsburgh

30- st-louis

(click on the image link for the full listing)

sanstitre4wr.th.jpg

========================

Yes! Finally some rankings biased in our favour! I'd like to think these ranking would cause controversy on other fans' boards... the only trouble is that most fans of other teams won't know about or bother surfing to a French website to see them. Too bad.

Thanks, baby!

I don't think you meant 'biased'.

That suggests that the rankings are manipulated for our benefit. Much in the same way TSN muddles their rankings to make laff fans happy.

Montreal 3rd? There is no bias. :)

Originally posted by kaos

So what makes these rankings any better than TSN's or SI's or anybody elses?

well... at LEAST they r ranking the top 3 teams in the top 3 (W/L/OT)

detroit : 13 - 2 1 : 27 points

montreal : 11 - 3 - 1 : 23 points

ottawa : 11 - 2 - 0 : 22 points

that's ALREADY sumthing better :bow:

*coughoverratedcough*

Too many close games to be put up that high, in my opinion. We have a goalie who's playing hot and cold, and a second line that's hit or miss at the moment. We've stolen a few games that we didn't deserve and haven't seen the opposite happen.

Top-10, sure, but top-three? Not yet. Too many kids and too unproven. We're for real, but we're not huge Cup contenders yet.

well i remind u guys that the ranking is on a weekly basis... so it might change -_-

as for NOW, we just won 4 game in a row so... why not top 3???

I'd be more than happy to have the Habs ranked 16th on some stupid ######ing ranking system, and have them winning 12 out of 15 games, then them sitting at 3rd overall on some stupid ######ing ranking system and have them only win 7 or 8 games like Boston was or Toronto or whoever the hell is was ranked higher. WHo honestly cares. The Habs are winning that thats all the matters.

The board that I hope there number 1 on is the scoreboard. THat means first place in the division and a playoff spot. ###### the other ranking systems. Let the Habs be underrated. Its all the more fun when they kick peoples asses

Originally posted by bebehabs

well i remind u guys that the ranking is on a weekly basis... so it might change -_-

as for NOW, we just won 4 game in a row so... why not top 3???

en d'accord the Habs are where they should be on those rankings because they are meant to be a snapshot of the team at that point not a documentary on the entire season -- so even if we were in 15th place in the standings but had won four in a row we'd be "powerful" right now so would be high in those ratings.

But seriously all rankings are sort of fun to look at but I'm getting sort of tired of them, the real ranking is the standings, otherwise news orgs pander to fans and pump up their home team, unfortunately too many "national" Canadian networks seem to think Canada is located right between Mississauga and Scarborough...

:eyes: