Peinguins Game

GoHabsGo_24cups

In that game against the peinguins, that one play is being shown throughout tsn when Crosby scored on Theodore in the shootout. Now this is gonna be the defining moment of Crosbys first season. They are gonna keep on showing Crosby clinching the game against his first Canadian team game, and Theodore is the one they are going to see in net. I think Crosby is a good player, but this one play is getting way to much publicity. I remember this was considered to be number one in the TSN plays from that night. However, the number 2 play was easily much better, it was the Predaters' Steve Sullivan I believe. This was an amazing goal, he had to move past two defenders to score. Then you see the number one and its just a good back hand off a Shootout. Who agrees that this goal is good, but very over rated?

[Edited on /11/12/05 by GoHabsGo_24cups]

It's Crosby, it was a given last night when he started down the ice last night that if he scored there'd be endless articles across the country about him, especially here in Montreal.

It's the new NHL, and the game has really become a product that needs to be sold... the young guys like Crosby and Ovenchkin(sp?) are going to get built up everytime they do something good because the NHL wants to hook fans one players who'll be around for another 20 years.

Sure you can get someone to love Stevie Y, but he'll be done in a year or 2, and then what? There's a lot of emphasis on the new young fast NHL. Women will fall in love with the players (notice that Crosby did a topless photoshoot for some chick magazine?), and men will want to be them... It's like the whole Elvis craze... gotta love that greesy style... haha.

Yea, I guess you could look on the brighter side on this one... Crosby actually beat Theo, something Lemieux couldn't do. Theo is no ordinary joe, the fact that Crosby beat him is going to seem more important because Theo is considered one of the leagues elite goaltenders. If theo had beat a 4th string goaltender out of Tampa like Eklund or Coleman, it would seem less great.

Okay, I'm tired and ranting again, so don't mind me, lol.

What is it with former Habs haunting us? Now even Thibault is getting into the act. I'm surprised LeClair didnt score the winning goal by deflecting a shot off his face.

It won't stick forever. And even if it did who cares?

We all know Bobby Orr's famous diving goal and have seen it several times. Quick: who was the goalie he scored on?

I remember when Theo made the amazing stick-throwing save against the Bruins in 2002 it was in the string of highlights at the beginning of one of the TSN talk-shows for a few months and was constantly replayed on all sports channels. I haven't seen that save in a few months. Though I'd love to see it again.

Yeah, Crosby is different and will get more publicity but I don't think this'll be remembered in years to come.

About the goal being overrated; yeah, it was. Everyone in my school was saying how beautiful the goal was but had Theo not dropped on his stomach before Crosby entered the blue line, it would never have gone in. It was a nice shot though. He did pretty much the same move as Ryder except Thibault played the angles and Theodore jumped at the first hint of a movement. Not taking anything from Theo's game though. He played great.