Why as Carolina having such a good start ?

PB

I dont have time to watch the LNH as a whole so I would be curious to know about what is going on with that team.

On a side topic or question,... how is it possible for a team that just won 9 straith game in a row (Carolina) end such a winning series by loosing to an un-believable score of 9-0, (Atlanta) ?

Well it is possible because they play in a rather weak division, and Eric Stall has been simply outstanding 29 points in 17 games not to shabby. And they can loose games by nine goals because in that game they did not show up and the Thrashers have a fair amount of firepower when teams don’t play team defence Atlanta can light you up.

It's too early in the season to measure how good or bad any team is. Carolina will drop way down in the standings before it's all over. It's normal for teams to start seasons not showing their true potential. Many teams will look way different in the standings before season's end. Teams like Carolina, Nashville, Rangers, and Montreal will all drop and teams like Tampa and Boston will rise in the standings. This happens EVERY season but people get all worked up like the first 15 games are the whole season. I think a lot of habs fans fall into this category. Remember people the season is 82 games not 15 :nono:.

Originally posted by Mark Napier

It's too early in the season to measure how good or bad any team is. Carolina will drop way down in the standings before it's all over. It's normal for teams to start seasons not showing their true potential. Many teams will look way different in the standings before season's end. Teams like Carolina, Nashville, Rangers, and Montreal will all drop and teams like Tampa and Boston will rise in the standings. This happens EVERY season but people get all worked up like the first 15 games are the whole season. I think a lot of Habs fans fall into this category. Remember people the season is 82 games not 15 :nono:.

Granted it's early and things will change, however the reason some teams are doing better than expected is because of the way the game is being played now. Teams were rated according to how they performed in the past and of course also with the personnel they have in their lineup, but as we all have seen the game is completely different now and the teams with the fast, skilled players are having success more so than the big slow ones and I really think that will prevail throughout the season:hlogo::ghg:

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Gerber is underrated as well!

(for the rest i go with you guys)

Well that just about sums it up, haha.

They've got a great mix of young and veteran players on their team. They're certainly a suprise to many, considering their great start, and much of the thanks should go to Eric Staal who's having a break out year, and Gerber who has played just awesome in many games.

The fact that they've not beaten Ottawa twice is no fluke... well the first win wasn't.... Ottawa knew that Carolina could beat them, and I think that played on their minds just a bit going into last night's game between the teams.

If Carolina can stay healthy, (meaning many of their vets don't get tired), and if Gerber can continue to play as he has... I think they'll have a great shot at making the playoffs.

Originally posted by Macaskill

Just an addition to the other replys. Dunno much about Carolina, i only know Gerber a bit. And think he's very good!

Originally posted by Macaskill

Just an addition to the other replys. Dunno much about Carolina, i only know Gerber a bit. And think he's very good!

Yea I just meant I agree with it :D. No one had mentioned Gerber yet, but had mentioned many other good reasons.

Stillman, Stall, Cole, Ward, Gerber, Kaberle, Tverdovsky, Cullen. Not bad.

Cullen is also having a great season. I saw a couple of his goals where he deked by 2 or 3 players and then the goalie. He never used to be able to do that.

Originally posted by Mark Napier

It's too early in the season to measure how good or bad any team is. Carolina will drop way down in the standings before it's all over. It's normal for teams to start seasons not showing their true potential. Many teams will look way different in the standings before season's end. Teams like Carolina, Nashville, Rangers, and Montreal will all drop and teams like Tampa and Boston will rise in the standings. This happens EVERY season but people get all worked up like the first 15 games are the whole season. I think a lot of Habs fans fall into this category. Remember people the season is 82 games not 15 :nono:.

'' Its normal for teams to start seasons not showing their true potential. ''

In and of itself, I wonder how true that proposition is ?

If it is, I wonder as to why such historical ''trend'' would be ?

And if it is or as been thus far,..I still wonder to which extent it could, THIS YEAR, help us in predicting which team might fall into which group.... as we know that some of the earlier hight power rancked team still have to prove that their evaluation where appropriate for the '' new environment ''.

In term of predictions there is certainly more room for errors this year,.....and teams having a good start this year like Montreal, Carolina and Rangers might actually mean much more in term of their real worth than on any conventionnal season before.

Are the ''new kids on the block'' for real ?

''Une histoire a suivre'', if ever there was one.