PLex on PP

JMMR

Wow did anyone notice how well the Habs PP looked against Florida. I know Koivu Rivet Markov and Zednik did well but Plex really looks good out there and helps create chances.

When was the last game the Habs had 14 shots from 2 defenseman. Maybe no one else noticed this but Markov had 6 shots and Rivet 8 and the Habs never seemed to loose possession of the puck even after all these point shots. Plex is for sure our Special Teams expert he kills penalty’s like no one business and seems to fit in beautifully on that first pp unit.

Once against though credit to Claude for trying new things and keeping this tea, on a role.

Oh one more thing Plex led all forwards in PP ice time.

05plekanec.jpg

Tomas Plekanec. The first ever Hamilton Bulldogs player to earn the honour of being named the AHL All-Star Game’s Most Valuable Player. Nice pic for those plekky fans.

Maybe I'm impatient and, obviously, I'm not in the know of the day-to-day developments in the dressing room and on the ice but I'd love to see the rookies be more involved in the play. They're there & they have a lot of talent so why not give them more and more experience so as to be able to grow.

I suppose that team success is more important on the whole but it would seem that if, right now, the rookies get lots of opportunity to grow, make mistakes, learn, etc... then, when the Canadiens are in the playoffs, their experience and accrued confidence would be very valuable.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Off topic: Tommy9 congrats with the 1-0 win over Norway after the Rosicky goal. Here's hoping Jan koller will be back with the team soon. See you guys in Germany.