Umm Dont We Need D.man!!!

koivu-11

I don't know but to me i think we need a lot more depth in our defense, because if u were to look who do we have in hamilton....NO ONE!!!

We are going to be royaly screwd if we dont get a good playing D.man while markov cant do everything by him self u have to think of it also souray isnt waking up even though he is injured he hasnt done much.

To me who i think gainey should go after is niinimaa, 2 million dollars but if u trade sourat for him i think it makes sense but u also lose a potential player in mtls offensive defensmen.

But if anything what we realy need is some more offensive D espesialy with hainsey gone and get some depth into there we have nothing left in hamilton to feed on.

Even kovalev has to come back so we can get 2 Solid lines instead of having Dags back and fourth no offense to him but he is not so great talented of a player; and as i read somewere before why did gainey keep dags over hossa because if he were to keep hossa he would be brought down and have to go to waivers and at his salery going to be under 500,000 someone will forsure take him so they rather take someone for him instead of lose him for sure.

anyway wat u think about what iam saying ?

Go Habs Go ( Koivu Forever! )

well... actually... we need a FEW one -_-

btw, markov will be out of the game for 2 weeks~ since he got his 3 games suspension, the first one was tonite, the 2nd one will be thursday against the sabres, and the third one on saturday against the kings... the prob is our NEXT game after that will be on NEXT saturday~ i HOPE this 1 week off will be benefit for us~

time off to heal whatever little injuries he had

I still think that he shouldn't have grabbed the refs jerzey but I'm glad to see passion in him

Though the defence is not exactly top shelf, I think generating offence is a more pressing need at the moment. We need a solid 2nd line winger to put with Ribeiro and Ryder. The reason the Habs are losing all these games is because they can't score their way out of a paper bag. The new NHL is passing the Habs by because they just can't put the puck in the net.

Its like the 7th time I write this in so many posts... we need a first or second Dman no matter who is on or off.. now that hamilton will need one too is the perfect moment to do so... I think BG knew this would occur knowing that Hainsey would surely be picked up.. therefore expect some movement within the next few weeks if not through waiver pickups... then a trade is in the makings... CORVINA HAS SPOKEN...

Will gainey (if he goes for a trade) fix the Dmen and the second line issue at the same time (try) or be patient for the 2nd line to evolve on its own (through Julien's magic mix and match):can::hlogo:

[Edited on 2005/11/30 by CoRvInA]

This problem is a long time in the making. The Habs have never put high priority on obtaining D men. The last marquis player on our blue line was Larry Robinson, over 20 yrs ago! I attribute this to the fact that blue liners just aren't that popular in Quebec. People want to see high scoring wingers or fabulous saves in front of our net.

Look at this year's draft, we took Price when the younger Staal brother was available as a defenseman.

Unfortunately, this is a VERY hard problem to fix because good D-men are in short supply. To get someone like Aucoin we would have to give up someone of Zednik or even Ryder's ability which we obviously don't want to do.

It'll be interesting to see if BG can come up with something because I don't see a quick fix and any D-man available off waivers will not be worth it. Maybe Rick Green will slap on the skates!

Originally posted by smon

Ninimaa has really struggled this season and has clashed with the coach down there..dont know if he can still contribute, like Souray his adjustment has been slow.

If so then NYI would be more then happy to get ride of him, so then for mtl it would be alot of help to get him since he not doin so well in NY why not mtl trade a farm player and id say 3rd round draft pick so we keep the second for the deadline for niinimaa and then see how he does in mtl because iam sure he will wake up in a town like mtl:)

Originally posted by bebehabs

well... actually... we need a FEW one -_-

btw, markov will be out of the game for 2 weeks~ since he got his 3 games suspension, the first one was tonite, the 2nd one will be thursday against the sabres, and the third one on saturday against the kings... the prob is our NEXT game after that will be on NEXT saturday~ i HOPE this 1 week off will be benefit for us~

Markov already missed his firs game (Ottawa) so he'll be back for that game.