Brad Stuart from San Jose?

Makh2o

I saw a rumour on the CBS sports site, stating that he may be available at the right price. The question is, what is that price, and is he worth it?

Personally, I like him over Ozolinsh and Souray....

were down a Dman !!! how the hell are we gonna solve the Dman situation if we trade one for one? we still have the likes of Streit as our 6th Dman when at most he should be 7th

Unless Edmonton adds another Dman to HAmilton then BullDogs are short one too

Originally posted by CoRvInA

were down a Dman !!! how the hell are we gonna solve the Dman situation if we trade one for one? we still have the likes of Streit as our 6th Dman when at most he should be 7th

The way he played the last few games 7th is being very generous.:hockey:

Originally posted by CoRvInA

We're so desperate that we'll trade an injured one for someone healthy.

When all are healthy, Streit is the 7th dman. If we add another top 4 without substracting, Komi becomes number 7. Not something I think we want. I think the D problem is two fold 1) need to upgrade a top 4 to more offense (Markov excluded) and 2) need to add depth - the good prospect type and maybe one borderline NHLer. Souray (and his salary) is very expendable if we can get a top four strong offensive dman.

Originally posted by Roo-AH! Roo-AH!

I would trade Ribeiro for Stuart in a second. Whether San Jose would bite is another question, but they're so desperate they just might.

If anyone would be interested in Ribiero, it might be San Jose. There are very few creative types on that team. But I don't think it would be Ribeiro for Stuart straight up... we'd have to send something else, a draft pick or something.

Stuart is better than Souray and Ozolinch but he'd cost us a lot more then it would for Ozolinch. I think I'd go for Ozolinch because he has less value.

Remember that if we need a borderline NHLer than we can trade a 6th rounder or something for a depth d-man. It's not hard.