Phoenix's new uniforms

dlbalr

Don't like the colors .. Looks like Avs Color + a bit of the Sharks theme

Well.. i prefered the borders of the old design. Sure the coyotes was ugly. The new head isn't that unbelievable. Still, it looks sharper.

Instead of putting that idiot logo.. they could have wrote "Coyotes" in diagonal.. that would have even been better.

Or the jersey could have had a desert background and show 23 coyotes shred a poor rabbit. :idea: lol

anyway.. nothing original there. I hope they don't think they are going to make a hit on the market place with their new uniform. Now we'll see in Phoenix' stands the Jets uniform, the old Coyotes' uniform, and the new one. Poor little kids.. they'll be all confused

I'm actually a fan of this new and improved jersey. It was crazy before, and i wasn't exactly loving the idea (colours more than logo).

however, i don't know if anyone's realised this, but the best jerseys in the world are ice hockey jerseys.

NBA - Good logos, terrible material

FIFA - Good material, no logos

NFL - Great logos, but not on the jerseys. Such a shame

MLB - Good material, but logos... er... :eyes:

etc. Most of the teams have great jerseys (although Nashville's and NYI's 3rd jerseys are a bit... er...:eyes: )

Thats's too bad, I thought they had the best hockey jersey in the NHL, especially the away jersey.

And on a side note, it's just too sad that Montreal won't even get a real third jersey (and no, adding some white lines because the league forced you to does not constitute a third jersey). I was hoping they would have changed their jerseys when they moved away from the old forum, as a symbol of moving towards the future, but they didn't.

Maybe they could get a more European styled jersey design, that would be neat.

But I guess Im only dreaming here because this team is clearly stuck in the past...

Well, exactly, the logo and jersey hasn't changed in over 70 years, and I think it would be time for a change. Everything gets better with time, not just wine.

Fact is, the Habs jersey is probably the ugliest in the NHL right now. Now I know this will shock or even offend some older stuck in the past fans, but it's true.

I think the best thing to do would be to get 2 new jerseys (home and away) and keep the current one as a third jersey, for the nostalgic fans. However, it would be more realistic to propose to keep the current jerseys, but have a new, completely redesigned third jersey.

The logo wouldn't have to change, but it would be neat. I could think of many ideas that would still include the current logo as part of a new logo.

Personnally, there is no way Im ever buying the current jersey. I own one real Habs jersey, but I only have it because I went to play golf with Souray and Savage a couple years ago, and they gave it to me... he he... Im still hoping Souray's career will take off so it can be worth more :-)

Anyway, that's just my opinion...

But it's not as if we are Anaheim or Los Angeles, who are 'Ducks' and 'Kings'.

Rangers struggled with finding a symbol.

What would/could we do that would represent the 'Canadiens'?

Unfortunately it's not as simple as saying 'new jerseys... VOILA!'.

Unless we make a new team (Can anyone say 'Maroons' for WHL? Please?), we will be watching :hlogo: for a while.

But on that Maroons idea...

[Edited on 2003/9/6 by TheAussiePosse]