2nd line

johnnyhasbeen

Just have to say that it was good to see Jullien put the 2nd line back together last night. They played a great game and were our most productive line, in goals aswell as chances. I know how most of you feel about Dags, but when he is on this line they produce, can't argue it. It is understandable that we are looking for a young fit with this line as dags doesn't possess the raw talent and speed of these youngsters but the 2nd line should be left intact until the team is healthy and winning. Then start thowing the kids in for odd shifts to see if the click. It takes time to gel with linemates.

Another similar note is on Pleks. Anyone else notice his quick release 45 degree passes? He is a great play maker, but froze Zed on a perfect pass across the slot from the corner. Perfect pass happened to fast, next time Zed will expect it and maybe a goal. A winger who has played with Pleks for a longer time would get a lot of goals from those feeds.

Still not worried, we are a better team than I thought we would be when the strike ended, and have so much talent coming in. Just hope we don't trade it away to fix it for now. Grap the first 2 D you can from waivers, restock the Dogs and go with our current D which wasn't all that bad when healthy and inspired by Kovalev.

I think the D is pretty bad even when healthy. They have no one who can skate it out of the zone, none of are great passers. They turn it over way too much. Does any one see that s evry team knows to pinch there D because every defensive zone play is the same. The have looked defensively the same for the last 3 coaches. I think it's time to get some new D.

the only thing acceptable and noticeable with yesterday's performance (regarding second line) is that Ribs and Dag CAN play better together and therefor in need be should be traded together! No doubt about it. secondly Our second line.. again with what we've got should be (Plek Zednik Ryder) and still it will show inconsistency...

But back to Ribs and Dag's defence or not.. they should play like this on the fourth line

Yep, i read the islanders are looking to move some defensemen. Whether that would be an upgrade or not is debatable. The habs need a puck moving D, and a stay at home tough D man to play with markov. Rivet is a #4 or 5 on every other team in the NHL. Same with Souray this year.

Originally posted by habschris

I think the D is pretty bad even when healthy. They have no one who can skate it out of the zone, none of are great passers. They turn it over way too much. Does any one see that s evry team knows to pinch there D because every defensive zone play is the same. The have looked defensively the same for the last 3 coaches. I think it's time to get some new D.

Markov? Markov sees and makes passes that only 10 d-men in the NHL (max) can make.

Gettin rid of Ryder? That's a bit ridiculous, considering he's about the only second line scoring option the team's got. He's just got a knack for finding a way to score, usually not so pretty, but still goals.

Ahhh finally back to discussing the second line... Ryder might be the only token we have to trade with any team. Ryder has a little more improving to do but has proven he's a goal scorer (reason why I would hate to lose him too) on the other hand trade wise who would pickup Rybs and/or Dag without a Second draft pick or someone like Plek Perez or Higgins! would we want to trade in more prospects?

I personnally would go for Draft picks with the luck we have we will lose them anyways.

I actually see more zednick then ryder, perez did well on the first line with Koivu and kovalev. The habs need a good left winger for the second line. The habs have several right wingers playing the left side. I see higgins more of a 3rd line left wing. Good 2 way player. Put Bulis begin and another grinder on the 4th line. Then Julian can finally role 4 lines.

Originally posted by habschris

Markov is one of the league's top passers and not only can he walk it the puck out of the blueline but I've seen him lead the rush on attack too. Dandenault has done the same. If we get an offensive defenceman then our d isn't half bad.

But this is about the 2nd Line Bulis :( :( :( hehehe I know could hold yourself had to comment back! hehehe

So MArkov and Dandenault on the 2nd Line you say! hmmmmmmmm