Leaf Offense... WOW

Habby1197

Toronto Maple Leafs is in Sweden and will play Djurgårdens IF tonight in Globe Arena.

I'm going to the game.

Djurgården is Sundins former club.

As a Canadiens fan I cant say that I like the Leafs.

And as a AIK fan I cant say that I like Djurgården either.

So wich team will I Cheer for?

Toronto. I hate Djurgården to much and Owen Nolan is one of my absolute favourites...

won big time.

9-2.

Toronto played well. Pierre Hedin confirmed that he will be a solid defencemen in the NHL.

I was really impressed by the Leafs. Stanley Cup?

Maybe, but i think they are a bit weak on the defence. Not strong enough. If they get a big hard-hitting defenceman the Maple Leafs could snatch the cup before we're there.

Maybe, but i think they are a bit weak on the defence. Not strong enough. If they get a big hard-hitting defenceman the Maple Leafs could snatch the cup before we're there.

Not strong enough? Need a hard-hitting defenceman?

Top 5 would be:

Kaberle

McCabe

Marchment

Berg

Belak

I would take any of those guys in our team. After that, they have a great young gun in Colaiacovo, another good youngster in Jackman, or a good veteran like Lumme.

Also, I don't see why a team who has Marchment, McCabe, Belak, and Berk would go for another tough hard hitting dman.

Just my opinion.

People here might hate the Leafs because they are from Toronto, but this is one great hockey that should win many more games than we will, and that can actually contend for the Stanley Cup.

I wouldn't want Berg or Belak in our top 6 let alone top 4 or 5..ugh. As bad as Dykhuis and Traverse.

The Leafs lines are probably going to end up as:

Antropov-Sundin-Mogilny (same as last year)

Roberts-Newy-Nolan (gritty line, good 2 way)

Tucker-Reichel-Renberg (a solid 3rd line, in both ends)

Fitzgerald-Green-Domi (a scrappy line)

Unfortunately it is a great line up if they all stay healthy and Antropov continues his development. But these are all things that I don't think will happen. Antropov will never be more than an average player who happens to have great line-mates IMO. Roberts and Nolan are almost guaranteed to get injured...hell, Nolan's back may already be screwed up. They have no back-up goalie and their D is in serious trouble. Can Belfour start in 65 games? I don't think so...

They have some depth but they are aging, have injury prone players, and no good youth IMO(Cola is the only legit prospect they have). They'll make the playoffs obviously but they won't get past the 2nd round.

You nail it on the head.

Berg is a terrible defenseman. He fights, and loses. He puts himself out of position by making a hit 3x more than Kasparitis (which is not a good thing).

Belak is similar, but a bit better defensively.

Dykhuis is head and shoulders above Berg, as bad as they both are. Berg has never had a good season, and probably won't have one.

But Jackman, Now you're talking

Belak, maybe.

But I would take Aki Berg before Kykhuis, Traverse, and even Quintal any day. Heck, I might even take him before Souray, and maybe also before Rivet. Also, he's also somewhat young and should get better.

As a side note about Souray, hearing what the fans, the media, and Habs management talk about him, I hope we don't pull another Brisebois. People seem to think that he is a savior, and that we now have our own Pronger (and Im not talking about Sean). I really hope not to see him on the power play, or even on the PK teams. Souray is a 6th, 7th dman, but nothing more (at least not at this time)

Even though I would love for nothing more than to see his jersey that he gave me gain some value (Im not even sure it's worth the material right now), I don't see much potential in Souray.