Michael Ryder for Team Canada?

Dave from Vancouver

He should have been chosen over Bertuzzi and Nash? :?-

If you're going to argue against Bertuzzi in terms of hockey skills then he definitely belongs on Team Canada. When he wants to he can be the most dominant player in the NHL with the new rules. There's no way to stop him but to take a penalty.

Nash missing Team Canada is just crazy talk, IMO. He missed the season but he's still one of the best players in the league. 40+ goals as a 20 year old in the old NHL. He's only 22 now yet is a proven Rocket Richard Trophy candidate and a veteran. Even in the few games he's played this season he has some highlight reel goals and plays. Truly one of the best the NHL has to offer.

are you serious? I should praise Ribeiro because he hasnt been injured? That's the standard?

Yes.

Ribeiro and Ryder come to work everyday. They both work hard on that 2nd line. Ryder is a top scorer for this team right now, and Ribeiro enjoys making his linemates happen.

It's good to actually have some stability on your roster. As opposed to Koivu, who has trouble staying healthy. It's called roster consistency. You know certain players will be there at practice, and at the game. While you know that others won't.

If you're going to argue against Bertuzzi in terms of hockey skills then he definitely belongs on Team Canada. When he wants to he can be the most dominant player in the NHL with the new rules. There's no way to stop him but to take a penalty.

Then how come he can't do it in the playoffs? Why did he help f*ck up the Canucks during the Wild series with his idiotic late game penalties? Why didn't he dominate then?

He's good during regular season. He disappears when the pressure comes.

Then how come he can't do it in the playoffs? Why did he help f*ck up the Canucks during the Wild series with his idiotic late game penalties? Why didn't he dominate then?

He's good during regular season. He disappears when the pressure comes.

Like I said, I talking about with the new rules. He's huge and fast. Defenceman used to grab on toi him to stop him but now they'll get penalties for it. There are many who say that if Bertuzzi can find his play he'd be the best player in the NHL. I wouldn't go quite that far but I'd say that the new rules have only strengthened Bertuzzi's game.

Yes.

Ribeiro and Ryder come to work everyday. They both work hard on that 2nd line. Ryder is a top scorer for this team right now, and Ribeiro enjoys making his linemates happen.

It's good to actually have some stability on your roster. As opposed to Koivu, who has trouble staying healthy. It's called roster consistency. You know certain players will be there at practice, and at the game. While you know that others won't.

Way to go for giving a half-assed response to the introduction of my post without addressing the rest of the argument. I wonder as to the value of roster consistency when there is no playing consistency.

Like I said, I talking about with the new rules. He's huge and fast. Defenceman used to grab on toi him to stop him but now they'll get penalties for it. There are many who say that if Bertuzzi can find his play he'd be the best player in the NHL. I wouldn't go quite that far but I'd say that the new rules have only strengthened Bertuzzi's game.

Rules changes won't help a choker. I doubt you even saw the last minute penalties he committed in Game 7. He's a choker. Linden, Bertuzzi, Cloutier - a reason why that team can't win a Cup.

If Bertuzzi is a playoff choker then would you agree that Zednik is a playoff choker as well they both average just over half a point a game in the playoffs, Kovalev averages just a bit more.

I am just wondering what the definition of playoff choker would be.

I know Koivu is for sure not because he is almost a point a game. But is anything less a choker I don’t know.

Yes.

If they paid me a million a year, I would come to work every day. I would be there at practice, too. I'd punch a time clock, I would. And if, like Ribeiro, I'm asked to watch the game from high above, well then that's what I'd do. I'm sending my resume off to Gainey now....

:D