Blake Healthy Scratch = Deal?

gohabsgo252006

Rob Blake was a healthy scratch last night causing speculation that a deal is coming b/w the Avalanche and another team.

Obviously a goalie is wanted by the Avs and I haven't heard any speculation as to who would be involved, if any of this is true.

Perhaps Les Habitants could ship Theo out to the Avs again, just like they did with Roy, packaging him with another player or two and getting Mr. Blake and Mr. Hejduk back??? I may be dreaming in technicolor, but we'll see.

Even though he's struggling this year, I think any team would be lucky to get a Dman like Blake, he's big physical and with offensive skill, i think a change of scenery will pick up his play.

We'll see what happens

Yep, Blake was injured for last nights game. If any defenseman is gonna be a healthy scratch right now, it should be Vanaanen. Brisebois hasn't looked great recently but he did play a solid game last night against the Wild. And for just about everyone, please note this....

With two strong back-to-back games by David Aebischer, the Avalanche is confident the fifth-year goalie has regained his form.

"Abby's playing better and better," teammate Alex Tanguay said. "He's getting more confidence. We know what to expect out of him. We saw him play a couple years ago, and I think that's what everybody in here is expecting out of him. Hopefully, he'll keep playing the same way."

Aebischer has stopped 55 of 57 shots in his past two starts.

So trading for a goalie right now would be stupid. Aebischer is playing with a lot of confidence and is stopping shots that he's been letting in. Why ruin that?