The Art Of The Bodycheck

bar

Maybe I was spoiled during the World Juniors, but damn didn't those hits look fantastic?

Where is the hits from Begin from earlier in the year? I'm not critizing Begin, as I think he's a good player, it's just an observation. With the exception of that hit on Brisbrois(spelling?) there was no hitting on Montreal's part.

Now, I really, really hate the leafs, but they have guys that hit. Why has it been the trend in Montreal lately to get small and fast? Well I should just say small now..because lately the team hasn't been fast of late.

Is anything thinking the habs should tank the season so they could pick up one of the great defencemen that are likely to go in the top 5 draft? Does anyone have an explaination on why Montreal continues to draft goaltenders and forwards and rarely pay any heed to defencemen? Now, I have no facts that Montreal hasn't drafted defencemen, I'm just going on what I can remember, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also as a side note here, why not bring up the rookies and play them damnit! We're losing with vets, which is a piss off, but if they let the rookies play and we lose it'd ease the anger a bit, because these players are the future. I believe long past is the ability to buy a team and you must have a good set of rookies to develop with the big club e.g. look at the Sens. I'll concede it took them many a losing season to get where they are(which is early exits from the playoffs, but thats a different story).

As well as Huet played the last two games, they need to put Theodore back in the nets for Sat. Night, I bet he's pissed at being benched twice in a row, I hope this motivates him to improve his game.

Well I wrote more than I intended.

Bar

Most hitters or energy players play on the third and most often the fourth line of their respective

NHL's teams,....less ice time than the first two lines=more recuperation time overall.

When they are sudenly giving more ice time to make-up for missing players or

any other reasons,...they gradually hit less frequently as the time to recuperate is shorter...

specially noticable on physically smaller player like Begin.

Dont forget that the World Junior lasted only 2 weeks so there is plenty of time to recuperate

once its over........specially with the gold around their necks.

Its obvious that the CH as a whole is lacking in the hitting department and it is even more sad

to admit that I dont see them as shining in any particular aspect at this moment......even their

so called speed was nowhere able to matched the Colorado's own.

Drafting philosophy is often based on picking the ''best'' avalaible players regardless of your

team's immediate needs.......free agency on the other hand is where you can get the FIX that

your team need badly in order to be more balanced and competitive.

Lets say Gainey would have obtain UFA Ian Laperriere to play center third line in his own home

town as oppose of Bonk.....this would means more grit, more hits, more goals, less money and

it also mean that Garon would still be here playing in his home town as well........ saving us BIG money

to be re-invested in a big brozzer that can score goals while Theodore would have been

exchange for a defence player of your choice.

Drafting skills is no more important today than it was before,... but attracting the right UFA players

to come and play here is more important in Montreal than it as ever been before. We now

share the same spending status as any other teams, and there is also the fact that UFA players will be

increasing in numbers every years........ now that this previledge is accessible much earlier in their careers.

It wouldn't matter if we traded Garon or Theo, which ever goalie we traded to the kings would be far better then the goalie who stayed, the kings have a great Defense and forwards who care about thhere own end, the habs don't have that right now.Goaltending is the least of this teams problems.

I was saying that no exchange would have been required with L.A. if Gainey had decided

to hired Ian Laperriere as a Free Agent as opposed of trading for Bonk in order to play the

third center role for the CH.

Having Lap would have give more grit to the team and having Garon still with us would have give

more options for the goaltending situation.

Would have Garon showned us to be as good a performer as Theo,...the saving would have been

considerable and the trading of a Vezina-Hart winner against a hight quality defensive player would

have contribute to alleviate the defensive defficiencys you are talking about.

Sigh..Montreal's been a bunch of wussies for years no question.

Some guys are really strong e.g Kovalev and Zednik, but they only push their weight around if they are personally knocked on their butts and then they do so in retailation.

Komisarek can hit but no one plays him.

Sigh..Montreal's been a bunch of wussies for years no question.

Some guys are really strong e.g Kovalev and Zednik, but they only push their weight around if they are personally knocked on their butts and then they do so in retailation.

Komisarek can hit but no one plays him.

lets hope Thornton brings out the best in Komi and Markov and Koivu... would love to see them get at him just to spark the team into a Killing Frenzy! I want the habs to finish with foam coming out of their mouths and ears!

We have the muscle Higgins Murray Bulis Komi Begin Bouillon etc.. we've seen them hit before !!!

Im all pumped already To bad this one aint gonna be televised though (for me in VAnc)

you could always watch it in french

I always do! just My bad I thought this one was not at 7 pm Eastern time if its even 30 min prior or after that we get a GRandma Flick on that channel!

I will record it though cause as always I work dealing drugs all saturday! aka Liquor and wine vendor :king:

Thanks for the headsup though MArky..and_Komi

Edited by CoRvInA