Least Gp In East

GoHabs2002

The Habs have played the least number of games among all Eastern Conf. teams so far this season. So, assuming (which is the operative word!) that they win all 3 games they have on hand on most teams, then that's 6 points in the bank and they are only 1 pt. out of 6th.

So things are terrible. Things are going bad, but not terrible. If the team can keep their head above water for another 3 weeks or so, going .500 at least, then they can go in the Olympic break, hope Kovy, Zed, Koivu, get Olympic fever and not get hurt and come back with pride (esp. Zednik) and regenerated.

Then we make a final push with an added physical forward and we should be ok to battle for the final 3 playoff spots.

You said a mouthfull there, assuming the habs can win 3 games currently is a very tall order. I am just hoping they will win one game on this road trip. But remember a broken clock is still right twice a day. So hopefully thery can win a few here this week.

Maybe the Habs going to the olympics will learn something about the spirit of competing and will come back and teach it to the rest of the team. Thats actually two things this team lacks...spirit and a competitive edge...

A few observations by Bar.

Shoot the puck!

Haha, why do the habs try to make the cute passes all the time? I'd rather a soft soft on net with the chance of a deflection or rebound, than when players (see: Zednik, Kovolev) try to deke around guys, yes it may work 1/3 times..but they usually are moving with so much speed they are behind the bet before they have a chance to pass the puck.

Also, does anyone notice we rarely ever have anyone in front of the net? For the most part(from what I can recall) the opposing goalies have free sight at the puck, and unless it's Sourey back there blasting the puck the goalie will stop it 9/10 times.

Maybe this is just bad luck, but when the habs set up in the opponets zone and they're passing it around, does it seem like they ALWAYS try to pass the puck and the other team deflects it? I watch other teams and they rarely get pucks deflected away by the other team.

One last thing, obstruction. Now I'm not trying to make an excuses for the way the habs are playing, but anyone notice that the hooking is creeping back into the league? Last night I saw Kovolev held up against the boards behind the Canes net at least 2-3 times...when the back was being passed out of the zone.

Oh, one last last thing...get rid of the dumb trapazoid "no touch" goalie zone. Anyone else like the way the goalies were in on plays in the World Juniors with the no read line. The rule should have been called the Brodeur rule, since he was one of the few goalies who could pull it off.

Well thats my Tuesday morning ramblings.

Bar

Actually, Souray will miss the net 9 out of 10 times, the goalie will stop the other one. Well about the hooking, the habs lead the league in hooking minors, that is just lazy, i know everyone says this team has great speed but only a few of them actually use it.