Bulldogs preseason update

dlbalr

Last night, Hamilton played their first preseason game of the season, losing 3-1 to the expansion Toronto Roadrunners. Jerome Marois scored for the Dogs, while Olivier Michaud stopped 26 of 29 shots in a losing cause. Next game for Hamilton is tomorrow night vs Toronto; the game can be heard on 820 CHAM

In other news, Eero Somervuori has been assigned to Hamilton from Tampa Bay, joining Jeremy Van Hoof and Andreas Holmqvist in that respect.

http://www.canoe.ca/Bulldogs/News/2003/09/.../27/211113.html

oh HELL YEAH! Somervuori is a great player, and will definitely help out Hamilton.

Not too sure about Van Hoof though.

Also note that the Roadrunners are Hamilton's old team mates - the Edmonton Oiler's affiliate.

Anyway, good luck Douggie J.

Originally posted by dlbalr

Last night, Hamilton played their first preseason game of the season, losing 3-1 to the expansion Toronto Roadrunners.  Jerome Marois scored for the Dogs, while Olivier Michaud stopped 26 of 29 shots in a losing cause.  Next game for Hamilton is tomorrow night vs Toronto; the game can be heard on 820 CHAM

In other news, Eero Somervuori has been assigned to Hamilton from Tampa Bay, joining Jeremy Van Hoof and Andreas Holmqvist in that respect.

http://www.canoe.ca/Bulldogs/News/2003/09/.../27/211113.html

Not so sure about the game being on the net. Last nights game wasn't. You wont believe me, but last years playoffs, the Dogs didn't not think to notify their webcaster that the playoffs were on. I had to keep bugging him to get the games on, and he finally told me if the didn't contact him no more games would be broadcast. Of course it ended up working out, but for the first few games they weren't on the net until a few mintues into the game.

I will contact him tomorrow if the game isnt on to see if Hamilton is actually broadcasting the game.

Last night, the Bulldogs evened their preseason record at 1-1 with a 5-2 victory over the Toronto Roadrunners. Jerome Marois led the team with a hat trick, giving him 4 goals on the preseason. Jozef Balej and Eric Laplante added singles. (No assist details were provided.) Michel-Bergevin Robinson stopped 38 of 40 shots for the victory. The powerplay was 4/10.

The next 3 games are vs St. John's (Oct 2, 3, 5).

http://www.canoe.ca/Bulldogs/News/2003/09/.../29/212531.html