Ville Peltonen

CerebusClone

One non-NHL player who was great during the Olympic tournament was Ville Peltonen. His first attempts in the NHL were not exactly successful, but he's a guy that could benefit with the NHL's breakdown on obstruction.

Do you think a team will invite him for next year's training camps? Whichever team that signs Olli Jokinen should perhaps consider it...

he was drafted by the sharks 58th overall in 93

he's 18-42-60-40pim in 175 games in the big league

I don't know if he's gonna get another tryout but I wouldn't mind if montreal gave him a chance

Obviously, it would have to be a trial contract; if I were a GM, I would't offer a contract to Ville Peltonen without seeing him in action during a training camp. However, as it would have been smart for Gainey to sign Selanne during the summer because of his experience and chemistry with Koivu (especially since he signed for only 1M), he might be worth a try for a GM to reunite Peltonen et Jokinen next season.

As they NY Rangers are proving, team chemistry is one of the main keys to succes; they failed to build a contender by signing all big name free agents available, but they are having great succes with a bunch of previously under-performing Czechs that were going nowhere until this season.

Edited by CerebusClone

At this point in his career, I don't think he's all that willing to give North America another try.

That probably would have been true before the lockout, but with the league's minimum salary at just about half a million USD (and the possibility of getting a 1-2 million contract the next year if it works out), some Euro players may be tempted to make a comeback before retiring from North American profesional hockey.

If I were Gainey, I wouldn't offer him a contract, but there is one guy available at this year's entry draft that I think Montreal should really consider, Jesse Joensuu. He's a big Finnish power forward who some coaches see quite a bit of potential into. Koivu could take him under his wing. Unfortunately, I doubt Montreal will be able to pick him. It will probably be too soon to pick him in the 1st round, and be gone by the time Montreal chooses again in the second round.

I mentioned this in the Olympic thread during the Sweden Finland gold medal game. If the Canadiens cannot land another gifted Finish player they I would love to see him attend camp. This guy looked real good and is a player who knows how to finish pardon the pun, if he could work with Saku this could be quite the duo.

I mentioned this in the Olympic thread during the Sweden Finland gold medal game. If the Canadiens cannot land another gifted Finish player they I would love to see him attend camp. This guy looked real good and is a player who knows how to finish pardon the pun, if he could work with Saku this could be quite the duo.

He formed quite the line with Koivu and Lehtinen during the 1995 championships, all three were named to the tournament all-star team, so I would say that there's some chemistry between them.

Ville Peltonen is really deserving at finals in his career. In 1995 Stockholm he made a Hat-trick and gave one assist.

Somebody has called him the most annoying player to play against. Don't know but I can belive it. Ville could be important player in play-offs for example to Canadiens. Like dark_faerie87 said; Saku and Ville was the players of the games in 1995. Jere, Saku and Ville was called Huey, Dewey and Louie.