Lapierre Recalled

montreal

That's good news! If he's given a bit more of an opportunity, I think he'd have a chance at maybe making some noise.

Should be interesting to see if Gainey decides to slip Lapierre into the line-up over either Zednik or Bulis.

I can see him on the third line with Perez and Plex.... send Bulis or Zed downt to the fourth.

:hlogo:

he's been recalled because of his grit. he should take begin's place.

gainey as said that bulis and zednik were in competition for the same roster spot. there's no way one of those will play on the fourth line.

he's been recalled because of his grit. he should take begin's place.

gainey as said that bulis and zednik were in competition for the same roster spot. there's no way one of those will play on the fourth line.

There is also Sundstrom as well. He doesn't supply grit, but I just don't see Gainey sticking Lapierre in the lineup at this critical point. And if, IF, he does, I doubt he'll see more than 2-4 mins of ice time.

Yeah I didn't think he would play. That was too important a game for Montreal to insert a rookie into the lineup that hadn't even had a full year of AHL experience under his belt...unless it had been critical.

Nice to see Zednik re-inserted and scoring the huge game winning goal. Sweet. It would be a perfect time for him to get hot for say 12 or 15 games.

Its nice to see he'll stick in Montreal for the rest of the season; though it surely means Begin's injury is serious.

Lapierre will probably get to play a game or two, even if its in a limited role. The kid's progressing nicely, its his first pro season and he'll finish it in the NHL. Its encouraging, because Lapierre does have a very interesting upside and he's the type of player the Habs have lacked for so long: a shift disturber with good size and speed.

I think somewhere in the future he'll form quite the checking pair along with Chipchura.

I agree KoZeD I would imagine Begin will be out for a while if Lapierre has in fact been recalled for the remainder of the season and the playoffs. I would imagine he will be in the line-up Tuesday or Wednesday to give some rest to one of the forwards. However I would be shocked if he played both games.

Lapierre will probably get to play a game or two, even if its in a limited role. The kid's progressing nicely, its his first pro season and he'll finish it in the NHL. Its encouraging, because Lapierre does have a very interesting upside and he's the type of player the Habs have lacked for so long: a shift disturber with good size and speed.

I think somewhere in the future he'll form quite the checking pair along with Chipchura.

My guess is that as soon as Montreal wins another, or if Atlanta loses one, Lapierre will be inserted in the lineup. I agree that we need this Ian Laperiere kind of player; I've always seen him as an almost sure thing for the NHL, just not sure if he'll be a great forth line center, or a good third line winger. Indeed, a Lapierre-Chipchura duo, along with a speedy, more skilled winger could make for one great third line.

With Chipchura, Latendresse, Lapierre, and possible Stewart, we could get a serious, much-needed injection of size and grit into the lineup. We might just lose that "small, wimpy team" image that we have...

With Chipchura, Latendresse, Lapierre, and possible Stewart, we could get a serious, much-needed injection of size and grit into the lineup. We might just lose that "small, wimpy team" image that we have...

we'll be a team everybody hates to play against in 2-3 years.

just like buffalo.

kudos to andré savard, trevor timmins and bob gainey