Miracle For Koivu.

geolink

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/203099.html

Well whoever can read french....Its hard for me but I got the jist of it.

Out for at least 4 days and is most likely to miss the first round...If not the playoffs.

It sickens me that penalties like that go uncalled, especially when it means the carreer of people on the line.

I have no idea who will fill that spot on the first line. But i hope Gainey pulls through.

Im sad and disgusted..

Wow thats some terrible translation. Obviously its pretty bad. The amount of swelling is usually comparable to the extent of the injury. The fact that it'll take two or threee days for the swelling to subside, long enough to run eye tests, is almost proof enough of the extent of the injury. Hopefully there is no damage to his vision, and nothing is mentioned of the orbital bone. Not sure if an Xray of his orbital has been done yet or if they need to wait for the swelling to subside for that as well? Anybody heard about an orbital fracture?

Not sure if an Xray of his orbital has been done yet or if they need to wait for the swelling to subside for that as well? Anybody heard about an orbital fracture?

I haven't. On the replay, I didn't get the sense that he was hit so hard as to break the orbital bone... that's fairly uncommon, and takes a pretty good whack (or puck to the face, Sundin-style). My amateur interpretation is they have to wait for the blood to clear to determine if there's vision damage (detached retina, God forbid). If not, he could be back sooner than we think. If so... well, I prefer not to think about that.

I feel so bad for Koivu!After his stomach cancer and all...and now this!When the team really need him!Its sad and i hope Bettman gets a nice little talk with those refs.Refs are gonna call everything and stay the way they were in the season?If that wouldve happened during regualr season that was atleast a 4 min and prolly a suspension.