Put Yourself In The Hot Seat

TheAussiePosse

Heh, I'll answer my own question.

- IMO, Bonk is a defensive centre who does not thrive well under pressure. Put him back on his old line.

- Bulis-Ribeiro-Kovalev aren't getting it done - Kovalev had NO recorded shots last game, yet still recorded the longest average shift-length, and Ribeiro isn't playing like a man. Give them ultimatums for next game, because benching them won't make a difference.

- Obviously keep Zednik-Plekanec-Perezhogin together, and send them out every 3rd shift. They all have great fitness levels, and are relatively young.

- Move Higgins to centre. He's not bad at all, and this could give him the opportunity to showcase his leadership skills and potential - i.e., as a replacement for Ribeiro next season). He and Kostitsyn had some good chemistry in the preseason.

- Break up Souray and Rivet. It's logical. Dandenault and Bouillion are much faster than either of those pylons, and would be more than happy to have a bigger body throwing his weight around in the slot.

In short, my/i] lines for next game:

Zednik-Plekanec-Perezhogin

Kostitsyn-Higgins-Ryder

Bulis-Ribeiro-Kovalev

Downey-Bonk-Murray

Markov-Komisarek

Souray-Bouillion

Dandenault-Rivet

what about Huet? Would you start him again or throw in Aebischer?

I agree things should be shaken up some because the Canes could have won by a more lopsided margin in game 4 it wasn't as close as the score suggests.

I'd keep Huet in personally but put Simpson in for Streit, break up Rivet and Souray, demote Ribs.

Bulis-Higgins-Kovalev?

Well i would add a little more muscle so dress simpson or downey.

these would be my lines

( with koivu out )

Ryder-Higgins-Zednik

Kostistyin-Ribiero-Kovalev

Bulis-Plekanec-Perezhogin

Murray-Bonk-Sundstrom

Souray-Rivet

Bouillon-Markov

Komisarek-Simpson

Huet

Aebischer

and on the PP adjust the players with other certain players and to get more ice time.

I would bench ribs.

Ryder-Higgins-Zednik

Kostistyin-Murray-Kovalev

Downey-Bonk-Sundstrom

Souray-Rivet

Bouillon-Markov

Komisarek-Simpson

I would bench ribs.

Ryder-Higgins-Zednik

Kostistyin-Murray-Kovalev

Downey-Bonk-Sundstrom

Souray-Rivet

Bouillon-Markov

Komisarek-Simpson

Pleks, Zhogin, Zednik have arguably been our best line, why break them up?

Zednik - Plekanec - Perezhogin

Higgins - Bulis - Ryder

Kostitsin - Ribeiro - Kovalev

Sundstrom - Bonk - Murray

Markov - Rivet

Souray - Komisarek

Dandenault - Bouillon

Huet

Huet has been good in the playoffs.

Zednik - Plekanec - Perezhogin has been the best line the last 2 games.

Bulis could bring the speed Koivu normally brings to that line.

Ribeiro and Kovalev are good together, they will bounce back. Kostitsin could be an interesting addition to that line, but I wonder who would play defence.

No clear cut 1st or 2nd line, roll all 4.

Markov - Rivet use to be great together, Souray and Komisarek could be really intimidating and Dandenault - Bouillon were the best yesterday.

Good news with Begin returning for next game, that's a big lift. Now we can sit Sundstrom who used up his 2 good games already. Also we can insert some offence with Kosty. If I was Bob Gainey, here are my lines.

Perezhogin Plekanek Zednik

Kostytsin Higgins Ryder

Murray Bonk Begin (our shutdown and punish you line)

Bulis Ribeiro Kovalev (our we have a lot of talent but play like panzies unless Kovalev decides that we don't line).

Perhaps shifting Kovalev around a bit, to see if Ribeiro is the problem or if the second line isn't working you can mix and match to find if something else will. Higgins Bulis Kovalev, Kostytsin Higgins Kovalev, Kosty Ribs Kovy, lots of permutations and combinations.

But I'd start with those.

As for the D, keep the same pairing, but give more Markov and Komi and Bouillon and Dandy and less Sourray and Rivet (and teach them to play the man not the puck in practice today).

HUET all the way you can't blame him, a combination of unlucky goals and poor defencive coverage are responsible for most of the goals.

Hopefully the return of Saku for game 6. The momentum is in our favour the bash brothers (bonk and begin) are back and we're going to smother the Hurricanes

Kostitsyn-Higgins-Kovalev

Bulis-Ribeiro-Ryder

Begin-Bonk-Murray

Markov-Komisarek

Souray-Dandenault

Bouillon-Rivet

Huet

Aebischer

Kostitsyn needs Kovalev beside him and I think Ribeiro needs one last try with Ryder (who he's had plenty of success with) before officially being run out of town. I wouls also like to get Downey into the line-up but Begin's return takes the final roster spot. But I would sya that if Ribeiro doesn't produce in his first game on the line I gave him then I would bench him in favour of Downey. Sundstrom has been doing well but we need grit right now. I really like these lines and I think we can beat Carolina with them, setting up the coup de grace for Koivu's return in Game 6.

Kostitsyn-Higgins-Kovalev

Bulis-Ribeiro-Ryder

Begin-Bonk-Murray

Markov-Komisarek

Souray-Dandenault

Bouillon-Rivet

Huet

Aebischer

Kostitsyn needs Kovalev beside him and I think Ribeiro needs one last try with Ryder (who he's had plenty of success with) before officially being run out of town. I wouls also like to get Downey into the line-up but Begin's return takes the final roster spot. But I would sya that if Ribeiro doesn't produce in his first game on the line I gave him then I would bench him in favour of Downey. Sundstrom has been doing well but we need grit right now. I really like these lines and I think we can beat Carolina with them, setting up the coup de grace for Koivu's return in Game 6.

I like the way you think, if Ribs doesn't produce next game bench him for Downey. I was thinking more bench him upon Saku's return but I don't mind your plan either. The guy has been utterly useless and has shown that he does not show up when the team needs him. I think regardless of what happens here on out his ticket has been punched.

Begin in, Kostitsyn in, Sundstrom out.

Kostitsyn - Ribiero - Kovalev

Higgins - Bulis - Ryder

Perezhogin - Plekanec - Zednik

Murray - Bonk - Begin

No number one line, though Kovalev should get a lot of ice time. If Ribs proves incapable of playing competently again then try Bulis instead.

If the PPZ line wasn't working so well I would suggest moving Plekanec between Higgins and Ryder. He's the closest thing we have to Koivu. And he's very similar at that.

Much as a lot of people want to see it, I'm predicting Ribero will not be benched.

It's been confirmed that the only roster change will be Bégin joining the roster on the 4th line and that Streit is out. Here are the official lines for Game 5:

Higgins-Bonk-Ryder

Bulis-Ribeiro-Kovalev

Sundstrom-Begin-Murray

Markov-Komisarek

Souray-Rivet

Dandenault-Bouillon

Huet

If I were Gainey, I'd do my best to find the best combination that I could to guarantee a victory.

:king: :hlogo: :king: