HABS vs CBJ (Tuesday)

puck7x

Garon in nets , same lineup for habs as last game (unless something unexpected happens)

Zednik - Koivu - Audette

Hossa - Ribeiro - Ryder

Bulis - Juneau - Sundstrom

Kilger - Begin - Langdon

Souray - Brisebois

Markov - Hainsey

Bouillon - Rivet

Garon

Theodore

Can the habs carry over Saturday nights performance into Tuesday? Can the defense continue to shut down the oppositions top scorers? Can our offense score more then 1 goals in consecutive games? I'm curious to see if we can :D

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

Originally posted by puck7x

Garon in nets , same lineup for habs as last game (unless something unexpected happens)

Zednik - Koivu - Audette

Hossa - Ribeiro - Ryder

Bulis - Juneau - Sundstrom

Kilger - Begin - Langdon

Souray - Brisebois

Markov - Hainsey

Bouillon - Rivet

Garon

Theodore

I'd really like the Habs to play Hossa at centre on the 3rd line. I think it's exactly what he needs to get his game going (being a natural centre and all).

The Habs need centremen who know how the play in all 3 zones. Perreault is 2-dimensional - face-offs and the ability to pot 30 goals a season. Perreault isn't willing to pay the price to win games (he thinks corners are places for stamps) and that rubs off on the young impressionable players on the Habs roster.

I'm sure that Gainey, having played with some of the better defensive centres in NHL history, cringes when he watches Perreault neglect his defensive assignments.

If Perreault could score 50+ then I could see looking past his faults. But even 50-goal scorer Pierre Larouche didn't last long with Habs because of his lack of defensive prowess.

:hlogo:

But all players can't be big and tough. And if we don't have room for a 40 points per season player for 2.8 million I don't think we deserve to play in the playoffs.  

So if I understand your post, if we don't have room for a small, soft and limited offensively overpaid player then we don't deserve to make the playoffs???

You should reread what you said because you don't sound much like a Perreault fan in that post.

Originally posted by ch_nl

But all players can't be big and tough. And if we don't have room for a 40 points per season player for 2.8 million I don't think we deserve to play in the playoffs.

I agree that all players can't be big and tough. Let's do a comparison: Yanic Perreault and Guy Carbonneau - two players of similar size and similar point totals.

http://www.joyofhockey.com/M1YanicPerreault.html

http://www.joyofhockey.com/xRet1GuyCarbonneau.html

Both Carbonneau and Perreault excel at faceoffs and both had soft hands. But Carbonneau knew the price it took to play at both ends of the ice and consequently was a winner -- and I'd call him a winner even if he hadn't of won 3 Cups..

The Habs knew what they were getting when they signed Perreault: an excelent face-off centre who can pot 25 goals a year but a player who avoids physical contact like the plague, can't skate and neglects the defensive aspects of the game.

Now that there are (arguably) players ready to take his position on the roster he should be traded.