Shanahan, Bouillon And Emelin News

Tony

No one mentioned this so I'd like to post this.

Here are a bunch of articles I read this morning:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20060630...=73249256256494

This article says this (for those who don't know French)

-The usual news about Arnott, how he's a possible playing in Montreal next season because of Carbo, Gainey, Muller and Souray who's his good friend.

-Mentions Langenbrunner is a possibility because Gainey drafted him.

-Also says that Shanahan could sign with the Habs because Montreal is on his short list of cities where he would like the play if the Wings don't sign him. Apparently, Shanahan and his wife have talked about moving to Montreal and they come to the province during the off season.

-This article confirms that Vandermeer, Ivanans, Michaud and Dagenais didn't get a contract offer by Gainey.

-At the end of the article, it mentions the Bouillon situation regarding his contract. Apparently both parties are a hand shake away from making a deal which is good news.

Then there's this article:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20060630...=73249256030461

-This talks how the guy who broke the news about Pronger wanting a trade also mentioned how Souray wanted a trade but he affirms that he wants to play in Montreal and that he didn't say anything about wanting a trade.

-It also says that Emelin playing in North America is still possible because there's a law in Russia stating that anyone can terminate a work contract by giving two weeks notice to their boss. So basically, if Emelin gives his two weeks notice there's still a chance the Habs can get him to sign a deal by the end of the summer.

No one mentioned this so I'd like to post this.

Here are a bunch of articles I read this morning:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20060630...=73249256256494

This article says this (for those who don't know French)

-The usual news about Arnott, how he's a possible playing in Montreal next season because of Carbo, Gainey, Muller and Souray who's his good friend.

-Mentions Langenbrunner is a possibility because Gainey drafted him.

-Also says that Shanahan could sign with the Habs because Montreal is on his short list of cities where he would like the play if the Wings don't sign him. Apparently, Shanahan and his wife have talked about moving to Montreal and they come to the province during the off season.

-This article confirms that Vandermeer, Ivanans, Michaud and Dagenais didn't get a contract offer by Gainey.

-At the end of the article, it mentions the Bouillon situation regarding his contract. Apparently both parties are a hand shake away from making a deal which is good news.

Then there's this article:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20060630...=73249256030461

-This talks how the guy who broke the news about Pronger wanting a trade also mentioned how Souray wanted a trade but he affirms that he wants to play in Montreal and that he didn't say anything about wanting a trade.

-It also says that Emelin playing in North America is still possible because there's a law in Russia stating that anyone can terminate a work contract by giving two weeks notice to their boss. So basically, if Emelin gives his two weeks notice there's still a chance the Habs can get him to sign a deal by the end of the summer.

Shanahan at a reasonable price would be awesome. He's a LW, which we don't have a lot and he was only paid 2.28M$ last year.

At 37, he can't be asking for the world, I would take him at 2.5 to 3M$. Him and Arnott at 4.5M$ would be awesome.

Get rid of Aebischer, Zed and Ribs, that's already 5.5M$ saved.

I agree, at a reasonable price, Shanahan would be a good catch. The key qualifier here is 'reasonable'.

I truly don't know what 'reasonable would mean but I'll trust that BG would know and would act accordingly.

:king: :hlogo: :king:

It's nice to know that Montreal can be on some players short list out there,.....specially players like Shanahan...never mind on the player's wife's personal own list....as it is seemingly the case here....must be

a cool couple,...has to be if Quebec is a province where they have spend some summer time on a few occasions before.

He was on my short imaginary list a little while ago when center Lang was rumored to be a canditate to come here via a trade,.....at 3,800.000 for Lang's sole remaining season I thought the CH could possibly afford to bring in Shanahan as well.

It's an enticing idea because Shanahan is a scorer that play the left wing and shoot right.....off-winger just like Kovalev on the opposite side.....both have great shots....it would be a lethal combination during power plays.

The beauty with players like Shanahan and Bondra is that they really can make your power play blossom and

help your team while only signing for one year at a time.....like Selanne last year......I wish Gainey had taken

advantage then but he didn't......maybe this year he might.

If Gainey is lucky enought to sign Arnott,.....Shanahan would be a thought financial addition, most likely costing 3,000.000........but Bondra would be cheap, not has helpfull but still helpfull and better than without

him,...Bondra could come,...but Montreal wouldn'be his top choice.....althought if he feels like talking Russian....there is plenty of opportunities here.

Talking about list and top choice....Marc Savard said that there is only two teams that stand from the rest with him and the CH is one of the two.....a presume Ottawa is the other one (his home town).

Bouillon doesn't want to play ( and live) anywhere else and I understand him ( so does Savard I presume), althought he wont get 4 years like Dandeneault got, he at least want the same amount of money....I can understand that too.

It's news to me for Emelin, cause last I heard from Gainey was that he was stocked in Russia for two years....

which makes the lost of Beauchemin and to some extent even Hainsey tuff to swallow.....considering that both

Souray and Rivet are playing their last season before reaching UFA status.

Edited by PB