Turn Green Bleus Blanc En Rouge

Sir_Boagalott

Linking "Euros" with a propensity to laziness and non-physical play is a Don Cherry-like stereotype. You could make an arguable point that perhaps they are more interested in World Championship or the Olympics than in the Stanley Cup; but for the rest its crap.

:rolleyes:

No, its not crap at all. No clue why so many are freaking out about this, I guess the truth hurts? N-A's are more physical players, its not a Cherry stereotype, its a fact. In N-A, players grow up learning the physical game way before most Euro's do. I guess some of you are oblivious that Sweden doesnt alow hitting untill they are 16!!

Also, in N-A, we just happen to play on a smaller ice surface, but apparently that doesnt make it easier to line players up for big hits? :unsure: Euros play on larger ice surfaces, and its just as easy to smoke players is it when the game is opened right up and rthere is lots of extra room? :P

Ovechkin is as lethal a scorer as a hitter.

Thats completely ridiculous. AO can and does hit, but c'mon, he does them both equally as good? :lol: AO scored a bunch of kick ass goals, but he didnt Pheneuf anybody!!

Lumping players into categories based on their nationality -- especially if to paint them with such a broad paintbrush as "trash" -- is not welcomed here on Habsworld.

I didnt lump or paintbrush any particular player, from any particular nationality as "trash". There are some Euros' on the Habs, who are garbage, and should be tossed, just like trash is taken to the curb. :o

Name the top Danglers in the NHL, you wont name 1 Canadian, unless your a crack head. ;)

Just like all teams that have ever won the Cup, the last 4 teams to be in the SCF all had almost 2/3 of their roster were Canadians. But I guess that's insubstantial Cherry propaganda. Silly me. :blush:

I'm sorry. I cannot comprehend this strange word. I did not read the rest of your post.

;)

Meh... That's bound to happen to me. I'm using Firefox and I dont get a blinking cursor when I try to go back and edit text. I dont know if other Firefox users have the same problems. It can be quite annoying sometimes.

Thats completely ridiculous. AO can and does hit, but c'mon, he does them both equally as good? :lol: AO scored a bunch of kick ass goals, but he didnt Pheneuf anybody!!

I didnt lump or paintbrush any particular player, from any particular nationality as "trash". There are some Euros' on the Habs, who are garbage, and should be tossed, just like trash is taken to the curb. :o

Well I mostly agree with the rest of what you said. In general, North Americans are more physical and Europeans are more finesse type players. BUT...

Ovechkin has "Phaneufed" somebody. Several times. Watch an Ovechkin highlight video and you see him make some of the biggest hits of the season. The toughest Euro out there.

Who are the Euro Habs you consider trash? The only Euros on the Habs I would move are Aebischer (only because he's kinda demanding a trade) and Zednik. But I wouldn't label any of them trash. We have some great European hockey players. In fact, without any of the Euros on our team, we would be trash.