Sabres Walk Away From Dumont

mathieu30

As much as I like Dumont, he really doesn't address our needs at this point... We're wanting in the Defense and Center depts...

I agree he is not what the team is lacking...today. But I believe the Habs are still looking for a Centre and a winger may have to be dealt in order for that to happen. Signing Dumont for around 2 million is a great way of adding assets to the team without giving up anything. I would gladly take an extra winger that wants to play for the team rather than making the trade and then having to fill a hole because Dumont has signed elsewhere. Also the cap doesn't come into effect until the season so being over for a few weeks doesn't hurt.

As much as I like Dumont, he really doesn't address our needs at this point... We're wanting in the Defense and Center depts...

100 % agree as well.

I've wondered how much Brian Leetch is asking for ? 1Mil ? :?-

This may be old news but.....

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/hockey/060809/h080916.html

QUICK POOL-----I'm guessing Gino Odjick.

:lol:

"Je suis content que le Canadien ait choisi de m'appeler. On a tout de suite fait savoir qu'on est intéressé.

J'espère que les discussions vont progresser avec le Canadien."

-Jean Pierre Dumont, La Presse, 15/08/2006

Surprise, le Canadien s'intéresse à Dumont

Translation: if the choice was up to JP, he'll be sporting the bleu-blanc-rouge next season.