New Listing Of Top 20 Canadiens Prospects

shortcat1

The new and revised TOP 20 PROSPECTS of the Canadiens organization has been released on hockeysfuture.com.

Graduated are Chris Higgins, Tomas Plekanec & Alexander Perezhogin.

New additions are David Fischer, Mathieu Carle, Ben Maxwell & Francis Lemieux. :)

'Missing the cut' are Jonathan Ferland, Corey Locke, Garth Murray & Ryan White. :puke:

Biggest leaps up the list are Guillaume Latendresse (7 to 1) :o , Mikail Grabovsky (11 to 6) :o & Sergei Kostitsyn (12 to 8). :o

Latendresse leaped over Andrei Kostitsyn who's still # 2 even though Kostitsyn is ranked as a better potential prospect... interesting. :wacko:

Also interestingly, Fischer is rated higher than Emelin even though Emelin is considered a better prospect too. :wacko:

Here's the page: http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=8...ded&order=0

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Edited by shortcat1

Not a good list.

Latendresse over Kostitsyn? That's a hype machine for you.

Murray not on the list despite being on the club? The only reason I see for this is if he is 3 games from graduating.

Locke not making it because he has motivation problems? That didn't stop Marcel Hossa from making the list up until his trade. Not to mention "He has the offensive talent to make it to the bigs and the game is more amenable to smaller players." How can someone type that and not put him in the top 20?

Not a good list.

Latendresse over Kostitsyn? That's a hype machine for you.

Murray not on the list despite being on the club? The only reason I see for this is if he is 3 games from graduating.

Locke not making it because he has motivation problems? That didn't stop Marcel Hossa from making the list up until his trade. Not to mention "He has the offensive talent to make it to the bigs and the game is more amenable to smaller players." How can someone type that and not put him in the top 20?

I agree.

The list is kind of weird :blink: in a number of ways but there you go. :mellow:

:king: :hlogo: :king:

Edited by shortcat1

Tell me more, tell me more.

Well he's not big but he acts like it. He loves to get in the corner and has a nose for the puck. He's great defensively (just about anyone from the Hitmen is though. We'll have the odd offense only player *cough*Brendl*cough). He's got a good offensive game as well and could probably peak at a top 2nd line center and at worst I see him being a Mike Ricci kind of guy. His conditioning has improved over the offseason and hes been having a great training camp thus far (leading the team in scoring after the main camp).

Trust me guys, you'll like Ryan White unless something goes horribly wrong.

in it's prospect magazine, hockey news as said that ryan white was the kinde of guy every teams needs to win championships...I'm supposed to go to calgary next winter..hope I can catch a hitmen's game

1: Ryan White should be in the top 10. It's bull that he isn't because he's gonna be good.

2: Don't worry, Colorado has a totally messed up list too.

There's no way Ryan White should be in the top 10 imo. His skating, foot speed and mobility are a concern at this point. I do like what I've seen from him, blocking shots, making big hits, and a really nice wrist shot but that said we have a lot of really good prospects. Kostitsyn, Grabovski, Latendresse, Price, Chipchura, Emelin, O'Byrne, Fischer. All quality prospects imo. I understand that it's all just opinions, so some people will put others in different places but me personally I try and keep the recently drafted guys ranked lower until I get to follow them over the course of a season. With guys like Siarhei Kostitsyn, Halak, Lapierre, D'Agostini, Aubin, Maxwell, Mikus, imo we have a surplus of impressive prospects. Of course not all of them will make it and we lack guys like White but Chipchura, Lapierre, Stewart, Ferland, Wyman, play that kind of game to various degrees.

Is that your list, montreal?

no I haven't worked for HF in some time, maybe a year or more, if your talking about the HF article. If you meant my post, no it's not in any set order just off the top of my head. I am working on a new list for the start of the season for my site but I don't know when I'll have it up. I've seen every prospect we have except Cepek, he's the only one I haven't seen either live or on tv. Guys I need to see more, all '06's plus Mikus and Paquet since I only saw Mikus once and Paquet 2 or 3 times.

White definitely has the mobility to keep up in the NHL, I know thats a knock against him but I don't know where it comes from. I saw a lot of Hitmen games last year and he was easily our best player (well, ignoring the fact we had Pogge in net). The scary thing is after the offseason, he's gotten even better. I still need to go check out some Hitmen training camp but I've already picked up tickets to see the Hitmen play the Thunderbirds and the Wheaties. Have to see Durand and Burki play. :D

no I haven't worked for HF in some time, maybe a year or more, if your talking about the HF article. If you meant my post, no it's not in any set order just off the top of my head. I am working on a new list for the start of the season for my site but I don't know when I'll have it up. I've seen every prospect we have except Cepek, he's the only one I haven't seen either live or on tv. Guys I need to see more, all '06's plus Mikus and Paquet since I only saw Mikus once and Paquet 2 or 3 times.

ah, I was going to ask to see your list, but I'll just wait it out.