HabsWorld tops 1 Million hits!

puck7x

Total up to 16th of January : 1,047,833 Hits

Hits have been counted since May 2003 when the forum was launched...

But most of the hits have come since October 2003 when the website itself was launched...

Congrats to HW and the whole team!

I dont normally like to brag about hits and stats , but one million is a cool milestone... next you'll hear about hits is when we hit 1 billion , so you'll probably be waiting awhile :)

:/)

(If only the forum was as popular as the website... oh well... I'm a patient guy)

[Edited on 2004-1-17 by puck7x]

Cool, great news. Congrats! :/) I was up for celebration when my website hit 10k visitors not long ago :)

Although I'm not a big contributor of the forum, I still visit the site and the forum a couple of times each day.

I think the problem with the HW Forum is that there isn't enough fuss about it on the website. There is just a simple plain link in the menu to the left. I reccon most of the visitors don't even bother to do anything else than to read the headlines, and the menu just gets by unnoticed.

I suggest that you put at a small banner just below the latest headline and above "Latest news" section on the front page - or something in between. Whatever it takes to get the visitors aware of that HW actually is a community.

Another thing you could do is just to put up a simple link at the end of every HW-written article that says "Discuss this article in the forum". A link that leads directly to a new thread with the same title as the headline.

It's all about those little things :)

And good luck in the future with HW. It's without any doubt the best place to hang out for any Habs-fan!

:ghg:

[Edited on 2004/1/17 by DJ_Laszlo]

Good suggestions DL , or DJ , or Laszlo... What can I call you for short? hehehe

We already have a mini forum banner , its on the left column under all the links... It rotates with a banner that promotes HW Wallpapers...

As for the idea about putting a link to the forum in articles , great idea.. We already thought about it , and have been doing it for some (few) select articles. In the future we might have it so that every new article automatically has a "discuss in forum" link at the bottom of it.

Originally posted by puck7x

Good suggestions DL , or DJ , or Laszlo... What can I call you for short? hehehe

We already have a mini forum banner , its on the left column under all the links... It rotates with a banner that promotes HW Wallpapers...

Just call me Laszlo or Las...my friends call me Las :)

As for the banner - I totally forgot about that one. It was a good spot before all the old headlines were put up under the menu but now too far down imo.