Hitchcock Vs Esche

RobRock

I'm guessing that everyone knows what Esche said about Hitchcock, but I have to wonder about why he left him in for the Sabres game. I know it's only one game, but looking at the big picture, isn't there a better way to have dealt with what Esche said than to allow the guy to stay in for a 9-1 loss? Closed-door meeting, fine, suspension, something that didn't involve the other 18 guys that played. I don't know if Esche is ever going to play another game for the Flyers after tonight.

Edited by RobRock

I'm guessing that everyone knows what Esche said about Hitchcock, but I have to wonder about why he left him in for the Sabres game. I know it's only one game, but looking at the big picture, isn't there a better way to have dealt with what Esche said than to allow the guy to stay in for a 9-1 loss? Closed-door meeting, fine, suspension, something that didn't involve the other 18 guys that played. I don't know if Esche is ever going to play another game for the Flyers after tonight.

Like I said in the game thread, it's Patrick Roy all over again.

too bad for the flyers... if they cant act like professionals... it's their problems :P

but i think there are more problems in this team than esche & hitchcock... but since hitchcock has a 3 years contract... i think next move is to trade esche...

BUT, this is not another *roy* thing coz roy was our #1 goalie and from what i see, niittymaki is their #1 goalie...

Like I said in the game thread, it's Patrick Roy all over again.

you seriously compare roy to esche ??

apparently esche said somehow that hitchcokc had no much in his head. I guess those words came to the coach before the game and he felt like leaving him there as a revene.

you seriously compare roy to esche ??

apparently esche said somehow that hitchcokc had no much in his head. I guess those words came to the coach before the game and he felt like leaving him there as a revene.

I'm not comparing the two as players, but rather the situation. Hitchcock/Esche obviously aren't the best of buddies, had a fight, and publicly humilated the goalie. Hey, didn't that happen with Roy/Tremblay too?! Anyways, Esche has a one-way ticket out of Philly IMO.

I'm not comparing the two as players, but rather the situation. Hitchcock/Esche obviously aren't the best of buddies, had a fight, and publicly humilated the goalie. Hey, didn't that happen with Roy/Tremblay too?! Anyways, Esche has a one-way ticket out of Philly IMO.

as i said in my previous post :

"BUT, this is not another *roy* thing coz roy was our #1 goalie and from what i see, niittymaki is their #1 goalie..."

^_^

as i said in my previous post :

"BUT, this is not another *roy* thing coz roy was our #1 goalie and from what i see, niittymaki is their #1 goalie..."

^_^

I said I was comparing the situation, not the players involved. Goalie and coach don't like each other and get in a fight. Coach gets even by embarrassing the goalie. Goalie gets traded. The details are slightly different, but essentially it's the same thing.