Is this what they wanted?

RobRock

Isn't that stupid? I was looking at going to Toronto to watch a Canadiens/Leafs game but as soon as I saw the prices for the tickets... forget that noise... not worth it!

Go :hlogo: Go!

why dont you go see ottawa vs habs?? thats what i think i am going to do...since montreals tickets are all sold out...i call and in ottawa he had many places...also the 2007 games are not on sell yet...only in january they start selling them

I agree 100% with the shootout haters here. If the game is going to be decided by individuals, why even play the game? Why not just go straight to the shootout. There is nothing wrong with a tie when two teams play hard and match each other evenly. I despise the shootout, and can't stand that the NHL had to put it in the game in order to attract more casual fans.

I have to agree whole heartedly. It seems ridiculous to play a whole game and have the result decided by a one on one. Wouldn't we all really rather take the tie then to lose a game to the Leafs in a 7th round shot by WELLWOOD ?!?! How is that an accurate description on how the game was played...it's not. Nobody actually likes a tie, but if that was how the game ended then who are they to decide that we need to have 22 rounds of a shoot out to declare a winner. Since when did that become what hockey is about ? I understand that revenues need to increase for the sake of the NHL but do we need to change the structure of the game in order to do this ?

Simply put, hockey is a TEAM sport.

Personally, I don't understand the fuss. Are you THAT upset about 2 pts being guaranteed to a team in every game? Heck, consider the game tied after OT, and don't watch the shootout. There, your team is guaranteed the one point for the "tie". Pretend there isn't a shootout. Why weren't you complaining when games ended in a tie and have the team keep getting played until a winner is decided? You never heard much about that when it was the case. 5 minutes, game tied, done. What is the difference here? So one of the teams gets 2 points?

If you want to make it closer to the game, add a chaser.

It's not a true penalty shot, so there's no reason to treat it like a penalty shot. No rules were broken, no player was deprived of a scoring chance.

By adding a chaser, you'd get rid of the guys who skate out to the face-off circles at half-speed and cut back in.

Shooter starts from the neutral zone, chaser starts behind the blue line. They don't have to be standing starts. At the ref's whistle, they can break for the net. If there's an infraction, just do it again with a different chaser.