Dykhuis UP , Balej DOWN

puck7x

I've heard Dykhuis' name get added in a few rumours so maybe he's being showcased in a deal...any known scouts going to the next couple Habs games?

This is certainly a weird callup.

If Bouillon is truly just gone for personal reasons, normally it's only for a couple of days.

We still have 6 D men left... and Komi has played left in other games this year.

It sure seems like something is up... either Dykhuis is being showcased or someone else is about to go.

Anyhow, let's see if he dresses agains the Pens... no better team to make someone look good.

Very sketchy call up on Gainey's part, and here is why. At the start of the year we had 8 D-men... Our top 8.

Souray

Brisebois

Markov

Rivet

Boullion

Quintal

Hainsey

Komisarek

Dykhuis was clearly behind Hainsey and I'm sure he still is. Even though Karl has been good in the AHL, Hainsey has been as good, and if not better. This move is a forsure showcase of Dykhuis for a minor trade maybe a package of Perreault + Dykhuis... but something is up forsure. I bet Komisarek was given an explaination for this move...

Originally posted by Habby1197

One more thing... look for Dykhuis to play a great game Tuesdsay... He isn't ready for his NHL career to be over, and will go all out tomorrow. He doesn't care if it's with the Habs or another team, but you can be sure of what league he rather be in.

And like I said, no better team than the Pens to make a guy look good.

With the All-Star game around the corner, and the GM meetings that happen there, this sure looks like a last ditch attempt by Gainey to find a taker for Dykhuis.

But the fact Dykhuis is still under contract for next year at 1.7M will make it a really hard sell... both the Habs and Dykhuis might have to pick up a good part of the salary just to have a shot a moving him.

It won't be easy.

Bouillon apparently had a death in the family, that's why he didn't make the trip to Pittsburgh.

I'd imagine he'll be back against NYI.