PTG and dark_faerie

Pierre the Great

What was wrong with the Ron/Lavender stuff? It just adds to the realism of reaching that age. One of my friends had his "Lavender" around that age. Cripes it was annoying. I too thought OotP was one of the better ones but my favorite by far is still PoA. Chamber of Secrets is a terrible book IMO, just even ignoring the fact it's a HP book. It never really captured my attention like the other ones.

I think my only beef though with the longer ones is that it's impossible to capture all that in a film. I know a few people who love the movies but refuse to read the books. Especially in the last one, there was so much missing. Rita was just kind of "there" in the movie but in the book she's this dirty, cunniving little bitch. And because there was a lack of storyline there with Rita, there was no reason for Hermione to capture her at the end. And because of THAT it's going to be hard to get the Quibbler interview into the fifth movie. Hermione can't blackmail her so Rita has no motivation to do the interview.

Anyway, kinda got off the main topic there but I have a lot of beefs with the last movie...

What was wrong with the Ron/Lavender stuff? It just adds to the realism of reaching that age. One of my friends had his "Lavender" around that age. Cripes it was annoying. I too thought OotP was one of the better ones but my favorite by far is still PoA. Chamber of Secrets is a terrible book IMO, just even ignoring the fact it's a HP book. It never really captured my attention like the other ones.

I think my only beef though with the longer ones is that it's impossible to capture all that in a film. I know a few people who love the movies but refuse to read the books. Especially in the last one, there was so much missing. Rita was just kind of "there" in the movie but in the book she's this dirty, cunniving little bitch. And because there was a lack of storyline there with Rita, there was no reason for Hermione to capture her at the end. And because of THAT it's going to be hard to get the Quibbler interview into the fifth movie. Hermione can't blackmail her so Rita has no motivation to do the interview.

Anyway, kinda got off the main topic there but I have a lot of beefs with the last movie...

Meh, I just think JKR should stick to her strengths. So... I'm interested in hearing others' predictions for HP7. I've heard just about all of them but I'm not really sure on which side of the fence to camp out on.

There's -

Snape - good or bad or on his own agenda?

Harry - will he die or not?

Voldemort - will he die or just "be vanquished" somehow

Horcruxes - did Dumbledore correctly guess all 6 horcruxes? My guess is no.

Where will Harry find the final Horcruxes?

Who will die in Book Seven? I say Hagrid, McGonagall and Charlie and Percy Weasley are not safe.

What is Grindelwald's connection to the plot? JKR admitted there is one in an interview.

What significance will Aberforth Dumbledore play in Book Seven? In case, you haven't figured it out, Aberforth Dumbledore is the barman at the Hog's Head - the popular rumour was confirmed by Rowling.

I could go on and on but it gets boring after a while. :P