Higgins out for Tuesday's game

option+

While I was dead set against having Lats on this team out of camp I do think they should give him a shot at increased time with Higgins down. That doesn't necessarily mean 1st line time but increased time somewhere.

IMHO he HAS to stay here now that we have his FA clock ticking...

I have no problem seeing if he can handle 1st line duties for 1 or 2 games. If he understands that he's filling a role there and that he should take it as a learning experience then great. He's got the talent to excel on a line with Koivu feeding the puck, cycling it off the boards to him and Ryder is a great line-mate too. He should slide into the 1st line with minimal pressure to score and only has to compliment Koivu and Ryder. If anything the pressure is on Ryder to pick up the pace...

Of course, in Montreal the media pressure may differ from what the organization is telling Lats...but if they stand behind him and support him in front of the media then he should be fine.

IF he can't handle the duties then drop him to the 3rd line and let Perezhogin jump to the top 2 lines.

I do agree that Kosty should get called up...but he would likely play a more limited role on the 3rd or 4th line. Lats made the team out of camp, he deserves the 1st line shot ahead of Kosty.

Carbo also needs to manage player ego's and confidence levels and if Kosty gets the shot right out of the AHL after being(albeit a late) cut then it doesn't send a good message to Perezhogin, Plekanec and Lats who all legitimately deserve a shot to prove themselves ahead of Kosty.

RDS.ca reports Higgins out for 6 weeks. Now that is not good news. :(

lol that was the whole point.. he was 100% wrong.

Carbo also needs to manage player ego's and confidence levels and if Kosty gets the shot right out of the AHL after being(albeit a late) cut then it doesn't send a good message to Perezhogin, Plekanec and Lats who all legitimately deserve a shot to prove themselves ahead of Kosty.

They have already had a shot on the first line. Some of them a few times.

Why would you call up one of the most offensive prospects in the organization and put him on the fourth line so a current and career third liner gets another chance at the first line?

makes no sense

I wonder if they will call up another forward. I would rather see Kosty up then Downey playing right now. We only need one of Murray or Downey on the 4th line, imo.

Well I'd want two muckers like Downey and Murray on the 4th for the game vs TO.

Then I'd rather have a 4th of Kosty-Plex-Lappy than anything else. You'd have a little bit of everything on that line. Downey does his job when he mixes it up, but Murray is useless so far and he has no upside. Even when he got scratched, he didn't came back with more energy the next game he played.