Juraj Mikus adapting?

huzer

Granted, I haven't seen the kid play, but in his first 13 games this year, he managed a mere 6 pts (included a 7 game pointless streak). Since that point, he's managed 22pts in his last 17 games. He's third on the team in scoring, on a rather weak Chicoutimi team. He currently has 11g 17a in 30 games. He's -9, on a team that's -30 in goal differential.

Granted, I haven't seen the kid play, but in his first 13 games this year, he managed a mere 6 pts (included a 7 game pointless streak). Since that point, he's managed 22pts in his last 17 games. He's third on the team in scoring, on a rather weak Chicoutimi team. He currently has 11g 17a in 30 games. He's -9, on a team that's -30 in goal differential.

I got to see a couple games this year but wasn't overly impressed. He's got speed and very good passer but his shot looks weak from what I saw and he looks to pass too much. He also didn't play much of a physical game and was so/so in his own end. I am interested to see what the plans are for him next year, since he has to be signed this summer. At this point I don't know if he's ready for the AHL but it's rare to see a Euro as an overager in the CHL since it takes up a Euro spot and an overage spot. But it's good to see him scoring and when I saw him he wasn't putting up the points he has been of late. The good news is that he plays for the Sags, so Carbo will be able to get all the info he wants on him since he owns the Sags.

Yes, so far, it seems that the choice has been disappointing. Nevertheless, we have to keep in mind that he was considered a risky pick with very good potential.

We'll see what happens... things can change... he can see better days... we'll see.

GO :hlogo: GO!

I got to see a couple games this year but wasn't overly impressed. He's got speed and very good passer but his shot looks weak from what I saw and he looks to pass too much. He also didn't play much of a physical game and was so/so in his own end. I am interested to see what the plans are for him next year, since he has to be signed this summer. At this point I don't know if he's ready for the AHL but it's rare to see a Euro as an overager in the CHL since it takes up a Euro spot and an overage spot. But it's good to see him scoring and when I saw him he wasn't putting up the points he has been of late. The good news is that he plays for the Sags, so Carbo will be able to get all the info he wants on him since he owns the Sags.

Dan,

I'm questioning the time frame for signing Mikus. I believe that the Habs drafted him out of Europe in 2005. I thought that meant they had more than 2 years to sign him, as compared to any players drafted out of the CHL. I know the European player signability limit was modified in the latest CBA, but I don't have the details handy.

Dan,

I'm questioning the time frame for signing Mikus. I believe that the Habs drafted him out of Europe in 2005. I thought that meant they had more than 2 years to sign him, as compared to any players drafted out of the CHL. I know the European player signability limit was modified in the latest CBA, but I don't have the details handy.

The new rule is 2 years for players drafted out of the Euro leagues, and it started for the 2005 draft. So Mikus will need to be signed before June 1st this summer, or he reenters the draft. Carey Price, Siarhei Kostitsyn from the CHL, Heino Lindberg (SEL), Oskari Korpikari (FNL), Konstantin Korneev, Alexandre Cruchinin, Andrei Sidyakin (RSL) from the Euro leagues. But with the Russians, we would have lost their rights last summer, but Buttmen extended the deadline on signing Russian draft picks by one year due to them not signing the NHL-IIHF contract. This summer the NHL-IIHF contract expires, so a new one will need to be made up and who knows if Russia will join this one or not. I don't think we will see either of the three Russian picks, although all had breakout years either this season so far or last year and Kruchinin was often paired with Emelin last year, I personally don't think we'll see any of them. The concern is more for the younger Russian prospects, Emelin and Valentenko, so it will be interesting to see what happens this summer with the contract talks.