Game Thread | Pittsburgh vs. Montreal | 12/16/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 pts in 3 games for Lapierre. But more important is that he does a great job every shift and he's damn solid on the PK. His speed is deceptive. You wouldn't guess a tall lanky guy like him to have that kind acceleration.

I have to say though, those young kids (Lapierre, Latendresse, Malkin) do seem to have thing legs compared to older guys. Imagine them when they've had a couple of years of work-out under their belt. Scary.

If I had to choose between our 3rd line and Scarlett Johansson,..... I'd choose Scarlett but not without agonizing over the choice.

you'd better hope that she doesn't have the same abilities because she'd check you into ineffectiveness every time you 'went on the offensive'... :P:P:P:P

GO :hlogo: GO!

3 pts in 3 games for Lapierre. But more important is that he does a great job every shift and he's damn solid on the PK. His speed is deceptive. You wouldn't guess a tall lanky guy like him to have that kind acceleration.

Max is +2 tonight. The best +/- of the team.

SCORING SUMMARY

1st Period

pit25.gif 12:05 EVGENI MALKIN, Wrist Shot - Assists: ERIK CHRISTENSEN and BROOKS ORPIK

mon25.gif 18:34 PPG - MICHAEL RYDER, Slap Shot - Assists: G. LATENDRESSE and CRAIG RIVET

pit25.gif 19:59 ALAIN NASREDDINE, Snap Shot - Assists: SIDNEY CROSBY and MARK RECCHI

2nd Period

mon25.gif 09:29 PPG - ALEX KOVALEV, Snap Shot - Assists: ANDREI MARKOV and TOMAS PLEKANEC

mon25.gif 15:50 SAKU KOIVU, Wrist Shot - Assists: MICHAEL RYDER and FRANCIS BOUILLON

mon25.gif 17:25 PPG - SHELDON SOURAY, Slap Shot - Assists: ANDREI MARKOV and MICHAEL RYDER

mon25.gif 19:55 PPG - SAKU KOIVU, Tip-In - Assists: ANDREI MARKOV and ALEX KOVALEV

3rd Period

pit25.gif 14:53 ERIK CHRISTENSEN, Wrist Shot - Assists: MAXIME TALBOT

mon25.gif 19:39 MAXIM LAPIERRE, Wrist Shot - Assists: SHELDON SOURAY

Edited by KoZed

Darren Dregger: What is Radek Bonk?

Well Darren, looks like he's the only one who has had any luck in shutting down Crosby in recent weeks...

that's probably what he meant...

in any case, would gainey be wise to try & resign bonk at the end of the season?

would bonk accept a bit less so as to be able to stay with a team that wants him and with which he can have the kind of success which is in his comfort zone and with a team that has a strong and positive team harmony concept? for me, i hope so...

Apparently, Tucker was injured tonight.

I don't wish ill will on any human being...

But I don't consider Tucker a human being... ;)

NHL.com's 3 stars:

1 - Koivu

2 - Markov

3 - Huet

HAHAHA!

Cherry is calling Ruutu a PHONY!

A big fat, phony... :D

Cherry: "Look at him, look at him... he's gonna grab a little guy... watch, watch... There, Ruutu gets a little guy."

McLean: "Plekanec..."

Cherry: "... Yeah... "

We should have unleashed the Cube on Ruutu. One right and no more teeth on Jarkuu's ugly smile.

Edited by KoZed

canadiens.com's 3 stars

1 - koivu

2 - markov

3 - huet

these are probably rds tv's three stars too

crosby-bouillon.jpg

"Sidney s'est pris un Bouillon" :wacko::lol:

bel image!

un sidney volant...

i just turned to the cbc game - it's now vancouver vs minnesota

the neat thing is that, during the singing of oh canada, the singer stopped at one point and aimed the mic to the crowd who continued to sing. he jumped back in at 'god keep our land...'

it was very moving... gave a more patriotic sense to the singing of the anthem

is that a common thing to happen in vancouver or is this something that this guy has just done? someone from vancouver would know more... i'd be interested in hearing about that...

Ugh, what's with all the pessimism? What, because of Crosby? Have you seen the Philly game? Crosby just passes the puck around and the Philly defense was so bad there were Pens opened all over the place to take shots. The actual game highlight was Jordan Staal's great SH goal, not Crosby.

Besides, if we can hold down Buffalo's offense, we can certainly do it with Pittsburgh. If anyone worries me on the Pens, its Fleury. Quebec goalies always manage to pull big games against us (except Theo, hehe).

I'm not sweating this. Higgins is coming back tonight and will probably start the night on the 4th with The Rock and Streit the Swiss Army Knife (because he can do so many things) then work his way up.

;)

;)

i like this signature... it's funny... probably a bit sarcastic but definitely funny :lool: :lool: :lool: