Niinimaa dealable?

RobRock

I understand where you are coming from but as of right now the habs wil have wiggle room for a deadling deal becuse of injuries to Higgins, Dandenault, and Frankie. Trading or getting rid of Niinimaa is just a waste of what Gainey brought him here for in the first place. The only way he will be traded is if the Habs aquire another NHL proven defender in return.

I think habs should wait just before the trade deadline and put Niinimaa in a package deal for a good centre player. we dont need a proven defender in return, Streit is taking a youngster's place on the 4rth line...

and if a def get injured, then Côté is the man, Biron could help too. Anyway Côté and Biron can't do worst than Niinimaa at his 5 first games... we never know with this guy everytime he touch the puck...

Teams can no longer hold on to part of a salary in trades.

Really? So we couldn't offer to keep part of his salary so that another team could take him? Man, that will make him virtually undealable, unless we just:

a - let him go on waivers (don't like this option), or

b - made him part of a good package deal like some are suggesting, and then the other team would have to want everyone else there that they'd be willing to swallow his salary... Again, not sure how feasible or likely this is. I like our team and I like our chemistry. I think a package, blockbuster trade would be risky and could mess up the chemistry that's made us so dangerous...

Edited by ShortHanded