Keep Downey or Murray?

Cataclaw

Keep Downey or Murray?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Keep Downey or Murray?

• Downey
    • Murray

Bold prediction: when the roster freeze ends, Murray gets sent to Toronto for a sixth-round pick. Trading within your division is crazy, agreed, but Bob knows that if he waivers Murray (which makes sense to me even if Lapierre isn't called up), the now Peca-less Leafs will scramble for him like they did for Chad Kilger, and the Habs will still be on the hook for half of Murray's paycheque.

Whaddyer think?

Not sure Oleg but Murray appears to not be playing tonight he was on the ice for a long time after the skate working hard with Muller and Niinimaa. Murray needs to be moved in my opinion.

An hour or so after the skate Murray was walking dt Washington by himself, not sure where to but he did not look like a happy camper.

So lets trade our junk

Aebischer + Niniimaa + Murray + 1st draft pick.. What can we get for that?

Aebischer is not going anywhere!

Niinimaa is not going anywhere!

Murray not sure where he is headed but he will be gone soon!

And why deal a draft choice right now the habs chemistry is amazing right now.

An hour or so after the skate Murray was walking dt Washington by himself, not sure where to but he did not look like a happy camper.

you saw him?

Gotta keep Downey. He's turning into a scoring machine!!! :P

LOL!! That's right, put him on the first line! Never mind Higgins OR Latendresse OR Ryder. THIS is the right winger for that line!

Oh are you Gainey? Because if you aren't than YOU DON'T KNOW!

Yeah unless a great offer comes along but I do not know many teams shopping a GREAT Backup, excellent defensive depth and a quality offensive player, because that is what the Canadiens would need back for these guys.

I will guarantee right now that after Feb. 27th the three aforementioned players are with the Canadiens.

Yeah unless a great offer comes along but I do not know many teams shopping a GREAT Backup, excellent defensive depth and a quality offensive player, because that is what the Canadiens would need back for these guys.

I will guarantee right now that after Feb. 27th the three aforementioned players are with the Canadiens.

First of all, lets be serious.

The way Aebischer has been playing "great" is stretching it, "excellent defensive depth" means he's old? because I wouldn't put Niinima in the "excellent" catagory if it doesn't mean he's old. And a quality offensive player sounds ok even though he had a 20 game scoreless streak.

And no we wouldn't need the exact same thing back because we have plenty of great players ready to take whatever spots open up. We already roll 7 Dmen even without Niinima. Hell if we traded all 5 we would still be laughing.

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

(The winger we trade for) - (The center we trade for) - Kovalev

Perez - Bonk - Johnson

Lats - Plecs - Lapierre/Kosty

Hell you could even put Kosty on the second line. And don't forget Streit can play center if need be. We have talent, our guys are fairly valuable I see this as a good time to fix the areas that require fixing. Danis or Halak could serve as backup, Danis played fairly well when he was given the shot.

First of all, lets be serious.

The way Aebischer has been playing "great" is stretching it, "excellent defensive depth" means he's old? because I wouldn't put Niinima in the "excellent" catagory if it doesn't mean he's old. And a quality offensive player sounds ok even though he had a 20 game scoreless streak.

And no we wouldn't need the exact same thing back because we have plenty of great players ready to take whatever spots open up. We already roll 7 Dmen even without Niinima. Hell if we traded all 5 we would still be laughing.

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

(The winger we trade for) - (The center we trade for) - Kovalev

Perez - Bonk - Johnson

Lats - Plecs - Lapierre/Kosty

Hell you could even put Kosty on the second line. And don't forget Streit can play center if need be. We have talent, our guys are fairly valuable I see this as a good time to fix the areas that require fixing. Danis or Halak could serve as backup, Danis played fairly well when he was given the shot.

Ok Aebischer is 23 in GAA and 20th in Save percentage.

Niinimaa was playing well on his proper side but when Dandenault went out he had to switch sides making it much more difficult to play. Since Dandenault has been back his play has improved again.