Rape Charges Against Duke Lacrosse Team Dropped

Fanpuck33

Link

I hope that DA gets disbarred and those players sue the state for millions. All along the case was EXTREMELY weak and now we find out evidence was being witheld by the DA. All he was doing the whole time was playing a racially tense area for votes. By supporting the black victim of white crime, he was gaining support from the black community during his campaign for re-election.

I'd get into more details, such as the holes in the accuser's story, but it's a bit graphic for a hockey forum. In general, she's changed her story countless times. If you want some of the details, they're in the article.

Link

I hope that DA gets disbarred and those players sue the state for millions. All along the case was EXTREMELY weak and now we find out evidence was being witheld by the DA. All he was doing the whole time was playing a racially tense area for votes. By supporting the black victim of white crime, he was gaining support from the black community during his campaign for re-election.

I'd get into more details, such as the holes in the accuser's story, but it's a bit graphic for a hockey forum. In general, she's changed her story countless times. If you want some of the details, they're in the article.

:clap::clap:

I remember when this happend it seemed like such BS right after the Kobe thing.

As much as I agree with you, the DA was just using this case to get the black vote in his re-election campaign. Unfortunately, he succeeded.

Awful miscarriage of justice, and, in my opinion, downright racist. If the three offenders were black and the prostitute was white, the discrimination at work would have been different, though the outcome might have been the same. The fact that the kids were white and the stripper was black has everything to do with how this case was handled. As I said before, miscarriage of justice.

Expect to see the kidnap and sexual offense charges go away too.

Link

how times have changed... it wasn't that very long ago that the reverse took place on a regular basis.

i'm not saying, if things have taken place as you described, that it's ok or correct to do that but it's a new sociopolitical environment...

GO :hlogo: GO!