Sports section of Gazette terrible!

REV-G

For those who read the Montreal Gazette on-line, is it just me or has anyone else noticed how bad the Gazette sports page has become? I can't believe how far they have let it slide. They leave the same articles up for weeks, sometimes it seems like months! I think they left the "Montreal would have preferred Washington in the play-offs" article up for a month, along with "The new word is fired", or something like that. I look thru it and each day most of the articles were there the day, or days, or even weeks before! Is it that they have too much space to fill? Do they not have enough writers? Is their web site too big for them? It seems like it's rare when there's 2 or 3 new articles to read. I am at the point where I skip over most of it and go the Toronto Star. The Star has a much better site where most of the articles are new that day. Don't they see it themselves?? I wonder who has the final say over their sports page?

Newspapers don't have as many independent resources as they used to, the Gazette is basically a little branch of CanWest.

Newspapers don't have as many independent resources as they used to, the Gazette is basically a little branch of CanWest.

I agree with Rev-G lots(almost all|) little branches of Can-west update their pages more often than the Gazette. You can eventually get some reasonable content out of the Gazette but they are scooped on almost everything in sports by others :angry:

BTW, Red |Fishers pro-Bettman article almost made me puke and I am starting to think that those of you who suggest that Red is losing it might be right :?-

BTW, Red |Fishers pro-Bettman article almost made me puke and I am starting to think that those of you who suggest that Red is losing it might be right :?-

Red lost it so long ago, even the Lost & Found lost it.

I check the Denver Post all the day for Broncos news and they are awful. Not only do they keep the same stories up all the time they change it's name so it looks new. You get a few paragraphs in and you realize you already read it.

I check the Denver Post all the day for Broncos news and they are awful. Not only do they keep the same stories up all the time they change it's name so it looks new. You get a few paragraphs in and you realize you already read it.

Yeah, their Avalanche news is the same way.